Facilitator, Learning and Development
Headquartered in Tempe, Arizona, DriveTime is the largest privately owned used car sales and finance company in the country. With more than 130 dealerships, 3 operations centers and 15 reconditioning centers across the nation, our 4,000+ employees are focused on getting the right customer in the right car, at the right terms. With over 25 years of industry experience, and our dedication to streamlining the purchase process, we're redefining what it means to buy and finance a used car.
As focused as we are on our customer, we take that same focus on finding the right talent for the right opportunities within our organization. Across the nation, from our home office and operations centers to our retail locations and reconditioning centers, we are looking for talented individuals like yourself to join our ever-growing team!
That’s Nice, But What’s the Job?
In short, the Facilitator is a key contributor in developing talent across our organization, ranging from individual contributors to various levels of leadership. You will deliver regular and ongoing facilitation of virtual and in-person learning experiences to support people and growth initiatives within our family of companies. Bringing a strong background in audience management, knowledge of adult learning principles, an authentic and strategic pursuit of developing people, and an agility to apply various "on-the-spot" techniques to diverse learners, you will facilitate multiple topics, modalities, and audience sizes. Leadership experience and expertise is highly valuable for this role.
In long, our Facilitators are responsible for:
- Facilitating multiple ongoing and just-in-time sessions on a variety of topics to diverse audiences
- Delivering highly interactive, engaging and meaningful sessions that drive value and application
- Leveraging various modalities of delivery; to include in-person, virtual, and recorded in order to optimize a transfer of learning
- Creating a climate inside and outside of the session where learners can be motivated to learn new concepts, encouraged to share experiences in a safe environment, and challenged to grow beyond current capabilities
- Constructing complex discussions that promote growth, application, reflection, curiosity, and accountability
- Establishing effective working relationships with key business partners to engage, influence, and partner on talent development initiatives
- Integrating and driving company branding, values, and culture into messaging, delivery, and communication
- Developing a thorough understanding of the content and materials in order to facilitate discussions, establish credibility and trust, and engage audiences
- Managing logistics, pre-work, post-work, communications, reporting, and other needs associated with the content, courses, or sessions
- Communicating with stakeholders regarding results, participation, level of engagement or other key metrics
- Serving as a Subject Matter Expert regarding development initiatives
- Monitoring and evaluating effectiveness of programs to ensure desired behaviors and outcomes are achieved
- Collaborating with fellow curriculum designers on execution and facilitation components
- Performing other related duties, as required, and assigned
So What Kind of Folks Are We Looking for?
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. The ability to talk and write with confidence, charisma and competence for a wide variety of audiences including management.
- Agile in a fast-paced environment. We move, and we move quickly. Thriving in an environment that never stops, is a must.
- Plays well with others. You will be working in a high-functioning team environment. We work together in order to win together.
- Organization and time management skills in spades. You’ll be handling multiple projects and deadlines that will require you to prioritize then re-prioritize then re-prioritize again.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- 2+ years’ experience in content delivery and facilitation required. Corporate or business environment is highly preferred.
- Proven expertise in leadership topics to include coaching, performance management, employee/team development, hiring/selection, and situational leadership, among others. Direct leadership experience is a significant plus.
- Proven ability to deliver or present training material to diverse audiences leveraging a variety of modalities essential.
- Applied knowledge of Adult Learning Theory and coaching adults is required.
- Demonstration of effective classroom and audience management techniques, to include providing clear direction, ability to think on feet, managing sensitive or challenging discussions, and tactfully encouraging participation.
- Successful experience building long-term relationships with business stakeholders across various levels of leadership.
- Ability to build consensus, collaborate, and present new ideas that inspire curiosity, motivation and an aspiration for growth.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills, to include connecting with others, providing feedback or coaching, exercising effective questioning techniques, synthesizing information, and appropriately challenging others.
- Maintains composure when under stress or managing demanding priorities.
- Ability to coach others both individually and in groups, before, during, and after sessions.
- Ability to translate needs into actionable solutions that advocate/achieve organizational strategy and vision.
- Critical thinking skills and use of good judgment/professionalism at all times.
- Ability to travel, as needed.
Anything Else? Absolutely.
DriveTime was awarded Top Companies to Work for in AZ by AZCentral.com for our great culture and one of the Best Places to Work in IT as awarded by PBJ. Essentially we offer a creative, transparent and fun environment since, well, we work here too. DriveTime was also voted the Fastest-Growing Private Companies by Inc 5000, and we aren’t slowing down anytime soon!
So What About the Perks? Perks matter.
- Medical, Dental and Vision. DriveTime pays a nice chunk of your premiums to keep the cost as low as possible for our employees.
- 16 days of PTO and 6 paid Holidays. Because who doesn’t love time off?
- Benefits like 401(k), company paid life insurance, short and long-term disability.
- Casual Dress. Come dressed in jeans (you’ll fit right in with the rest of us).
- Game Room. Gimme a break - no, not a Kit Kat ad but we do have a ping-pong table, pool table and Virtual Reality if you ever need a break in your day.
- Wellness Program and In-House Gym. We want our employees to be the best versions of themselves. That’s why we offer a Wellness Program that includes an in-house gym, B12 shots, teeth cleanings, biometric screenings and much more!
- Growth opportunities. DriveTime takes a lot of pride in promoting from within. We have spent the last 14 years growing our team members and taking them on the path to owning their careers!
And when it comes to hiring, we don't just look for the right person for the job, we seek out the right person for DriveTime. Buckle up for plenty of opportunities to grow in a professional, fun, and high-energy environment!