Director, Product Management
DriveTime’s goal is to take every customer on the full path to ownership. All the way from purchasing vehicles, inspecting and selling; to financing, servicing and warranties - when it comes to owning a vehicle - we know what’s up! As motivated as we are to take our customer on the path to ownership, we are just as focused on taking our employees on the path to owning their careers. Across the nation, from our home office and call centers to our 138 retail locations and 20 inspection centers, we are looking for talented individuals like yourself to join our ever-growing team!
That’s Nice, But What’s the Job?
In short, as Director of Product Management, you are responsible for leading a Product Team through all phases of the product life cycle from ideation to deployment and measurement. You will partner with cross-functional teams to improve our foundational enterprise processes and systems within two verticals of our Retail operation. The first vertical, Inventory, includes vehicle acquisition, reconditioning, and distribution prior to consumer sale. The second vertical, Retail Operations, includes customer relationship management and retail transaction processes. As a Director, you and your Product Team will provide enhanced functionality and streamline core business processes to optimize efficiencies of times and dollars spent within the Retail organization. All along the way you’re communicating and aligning product development with business stakeholders and ensuring the strategy and roadmaps align with the organization’s goals.
- Leading and managing a Product Management team who owns all phases the product life cycle including taking projects from ideation to innovation; performing gap analysis, leading project valuation, defining business requirements, launch planning, and product adoption assessments
- Working ahead of your Product Team to develop a 2-3 year holistic and strategic product roadmap with input from cross-functional teams (Business, Analytics, Engineering, and Risk)
- Proactively identifying and removing obstacles that may impede roadmap progress. Pave the way for your Product Team to be successful
- Proposing roadmap strategies, tradeoff/risk assessments, and owning project definition
- Researching, compiling, and analyzing qualitative and quantitative information to conclude and communication well-reasoned decisions
- Establishing schedules, guidelines, and procedures and determining the most effective way to deliver a complete solution to an identified problem
- Proposing different solutions for the same problem, situation, or workflow using your knowledge of business and system-level personas
- Organizing multiple projects at one time that span multiple business units
- Managing software vendor relationships, including leading the assessment of build vs. buy decisions, negotiation of agreements and ensuring prioritization of requested improvements to their products and processes.
- 5+ years of experience in any combination of business operations, Product Management, Product Owner, Business Process Enhancement, or Business Analysis roles
- Bachelor degree required, bachelor degree in Business Management, Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Management Information Systems, Operations Research, or MBA preferred
- Demonstrate experience in developing product roadmaps
- Demonstrate advanced problem solving skills
- Demonstrate proficiency and experience in supply chain or logistics functions
And when it comes to hiring, we don't just look for the right person for the job, we seek out the right person for DriveTime. Buckle up for plenty of opportunities to grow in a professional, fun, and high-energy environment!