Director, Origination Risk Analytics
- Business Unit
- 1720 W Rio Salado Pkwy
- Postal Code
DriveTime Needs a Director, Origination Risk Analytics
Let’s start here, this is an amazing opportunity to build out a team and create a high-leveraged, world-class capability for DriveTime!
Want to lead and grow a pivotal team with incredibly talented (and humble) people?
Want to be part of a growing organization and have a direct impact on its success?
Want to work in a fast pace, quick decision making, and energetic environment?
Want to do real work that impacts our business and our customers every day?
If you answered yes, read on!
Headquartered in Tempe, Arizona, DriveTime is the largest privately owned used car sales and finance company in the country! With more than 125 dealerships, 3 operations centers and 15 reconditioning centers across the nation, our 5,000+ employees are focused on getting the right customer in the right car, at the right terms. With over 25 years of industry experience, and our dedication to streamlining the vehicle purchase process, we're redefining what it means to buy and finance a used car.
As focused as we are on our customer, we take that same focus on finding the right talent for the right opportunities within our organization. Across the nation, from our home office and operations centers to our retail locations and reconditioning centers, we are looking for talented individuals like yourself to join our ever-growing team!
That’s Nice, But What’s the Job?
In short as the Director, Origination Risk Analytics, you will be responsible for building a best-in-class, digital lending capability that integrates third party data solutions, dynamic customer flow decisioning logic, and risk segmentation strategies. In this role you will be a key leader within the Lending and Risk Management unit for the organization and will have the opportunity to work closely with Executive Leaders.
In long, our Director, Origination Risk Analytics is responsible for:
- Building a digital lending and fraud mitigation function that optimizes elements of customer acquisition, risk management segmentation, and data partnerships.
- Implement systems to prevent, detect investigate, manage, and report fraud.
- Leading a high performing team of strategic data analysts and data scientists who are tasked to gather and synthesize data quickly.
- Managing and coordinating relationships with outside partners in the FinTech space while continually evaluating new technology and innovations in the industry.
- Actively monitoring performance and identifying opportunities for top-line growth and/or loan performance gains.
- Frequently presenting strategy recommendations to senior executives to secure organizational support for mission-critical initiatives.
- Partnering closely with colleagues across DriveTime including Retail, Supply Chain, Marketing, Data Science, Informational Technology, Finance, and other departments to implement effective cross-functional solutions.
So What Kind of Folks Are We Looking for?
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. The ability to talk and write with confidence, charisma and competence for a wide variety of audiences including management.
- Management material. We are looking for someone that can lead, manage and grow within our organization.
- Passionate and goal-oriented. We are looking for someone that is enthusiastic about their work and is passionate about not only meeting their goals but exceeding them.
- Entrepreneurial spirit. An attitude and approach to thinking that actively seeks out change. You’ll need a mindset that embraces critical questioning, innovation and continuous improvement.
- Strategic thinker. We are looking for an individual that takes an insightful, future oriented, open-minded and proactive approach to thinking.
- Operate autonomously. This isn’t a “hold your hand” kind of role. We give you autonomy to be creative in your space and do your thing. We need an individual that is self-motivated to get the work done and get the work done well.
- Agile in a fast-past environment. We move, and we move quickly. Thriving in an environment that never stops, is a must.
- 5+ years of analytics experience in the consumer finance industry.
- Experience in fraud detection, prevention, investigations, and loss management for fintech, banks, or lending institutions.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills, collaborative teamwork, intellectual horsepower, curiosity, initiative, and attention to detail.
- Extensive experience performing statistical data analysis and developing value-added strategies.
- Concisely summarizing and communicating analytical-derived strategy recommendations in executive-level presentations.
- Prior experience recruiting, managing, and developing analysts.
- Experience with A/B testing, experimental design, and economic/financial analysis.
- Experienced project manager able to lead multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor or master’s degree in a quantitative field such as economics, engineering, finance, statistics, or related hard science discipline.
Anything Else? Absolutely.
DriveTime was awarded Top Companies to Work for in AZ by AZCentral.com for our great culture and one of the Best Places to Work in IT as awarded by PBJ. Essentially we offer a creative, transparent and fun environment since, well, we work here too. DriveTime was also voted the Fastest-Growing Private Companies by Inc 5000, and we aren’t slowing down anytime soon!
So, What About the Perks? Perks matter.
- Medical, Dental and Vision. DriveTime pays a nice chunk of your premiums to keep the cost as low as possible for our employees.
- 16 days of PTO and 6 paid Holidays. Because who doesn’t love time off?
- Benefits like 401(k), company paid life insurance, short and long-term disability.
- Casual Dress. Come dressed in jeans (you’ll fit right in with the rest of us).
- Game Room. Gimme a break – no, not a Kit Kat ad but we do have a ping-pong table, pool table and Virtual Reality if you ever need a break in your day.
- Wellness Program and In-House Gym. We want our employees to be the best versions of themselves. That’s why we offer a Wellness Program that includes an in-house gym, B12 shots, teeth cleanings, biometric screenings and much more!
- Growth opportunities. DriveTime takes a lot of pride in promoting from within. We have spent the last 14 years growing our team members and taking them on the path to owning their careers!