Director of Software Engineering
DriveTime Needs a Director of Software Engineering
Headquartered in Tempe, Arizona, DriveTime is the largest privately owned used car sales and finance company in the country (yes, we are THAT good)! With more than 130 dealerships, 3 operations centers, and 15 reconditioning centers across the nation, our 4,000+ employees are focused on getting the right customer in the right car, at the right terms. With over 25 years of industry experience and our dedication to streamlining the purchase process, we're redefining what it means to buy and finance a used car.
As focused as we are on our customers, we take that same focus on finding the right talent for the right opportunities within our organization. All across the nation, from our Home Office and operations centers to our retail locations and reconditioning centers, we are looking for talented individuals like yourself to join our ever-growing team.
What will your day look like?
You’ll wear a variety of hats throughout the course of a day within the Bridgecrest/DriveTime/SilverRock family. This role is well suited for an individual who thrives in a rapidly changing environment and recognizes that change provides opportunity and with opportunity, growth!
On any given day, you'll have the opportunity to mentor and positively impact a Software Engineering Manager and their team, influence the business on strategic direction, research upcoming initiatives ahead of your teams to assist in setting a technical path forward, empower your teams through self-autonomy, and assist in clearing obstacles for your teams as they surface!
- Acting strategic & technical liaison within a given line of business (track) of the Bridgecrest/DriveTime/SilverRock family
- Leader of leaders within the Bridgecrest/DriveTime/SilverRock organizations -- mentorship and growth of your teams is top priority
- Navigating innovative and adaptive personalities across the organization -- when to support the change and when to compromise
- Identify execution opportunities within the teams of your given track in coordination with your Product counterpart, following that up with the guidance and support needed within your teams to capitalize on those opportunities
- Ensure technical decisions taking place within the track are aligned with the larger company roadmap and vision
- Foster an environment of collaboration, transparency, accountability, & teamwork amongst your track
- Company advocate for your teams and track -- what does your track need to be successful?
- Supporting your Software Engineering Managers as they and their teams navigate system design in collaboration with architecture, peers, and other
- Working with our recruiting department to build high performing teams through candidate screenings and interviews
- Staying connected to your teams; ensuring they feel valued at Bridgecrest/DriveTime/SilverRock each and every day!
So What Kind of Folks Are We Looking for?
- 10+ year’s experience in the Software Engineering discipline with leadership responsibilities for a period of that time
- Pragmatic familiarity with industry recognized enterprise software patterns & principals
- Previous in depth hands on experience with a programming language of your choosing
- Working knowledge of the capabilities available amongst a large scale cloud provider (Azure, AWS, GCP, etc)
Anything Else? Absolutely.
DriveTime was awarded Top Companies to Work for in AZ by AZCentral.com for our great culture and one of the Best Places to Work in IT as awarded by PBJ. Essentially we offer a creative, transparent, and fun environment since, well, we work here too. DriveTime was also voted the Fastest-Growing Private Companies by Inc 5000, and we aren’t slowing down anytime soon!
So What About the Perks? Perks matter.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision. DriveTime pays a nice chunk of your premiums to keep the cost as low as possible for our employees.
- 16 days of PTO and 6 paid Holidays. Because who doesn’t love time off?
- Benefits like 401(k), company-paid life insurance, short and long-term disability.
- Casual Dress. Come dressed in jeans (you’ll fit right in with the rest of us).
- Game Room. Gimme a break - no, not a Kit Kat ad but we do have a ping-pong table, and a pool table if you ever need a break in your day.
- Wellness Program and In-House Gym. We want our employees to be the best versions of themselves. That’s why we offer a Wellness Program that includes an in-house gym, B12 shots, teeth cleanings, biometric screenings, and much more!
Growth opportunities. DriveTime takes a lot of pride in promoting from within. We have spent the last 14 years growing our team members and taking them on the path to owning their careers!
And when it comes to hiring, we don't just look for the right person for the job, we seek out the right person for DriveTime. Buckle up for plenty of opportunities to grow in a professional, fun, and high-energy environment!