Director, Marketing Analytics
DriveTime Needs a Director of Marketing Analytics
Headquartered in Tempe, Arizona, DriveTime is the largest privately owned used car sales and finance company in the country. With more than 130 dealerships, 3 operations centers and 15 reconditioning centers across the nation, our 4,000+ employees are focused on getting the right customer in the right car, at the right terms. With over 25 years of industry experience, and our dedication to streamlining the purchase process, we're redefining what it means to buy and finance a used car.
As focused as we are on our customer, we take that same focus on finding the right talent for the right opportunities within our organization. All across the nation, from our Home Office and operations centers to our retail locations and reconditioning centers, we are looking for talented individuals like yourself to join our ever-growing team!
That’s Nice, But What’s the Job?
In short, for the Director of Marketing Analytics, we are looking for folks that have expertise measuring, interpreting, and designing experiments to determine marketing strategy efficacy. This experience connecting business (CRM) data with marketing data (mediums such as paid search, display, digital video, SEO, linear TV, and email) enables them to lead through data to drive economic return from ad spend. The Director of Market Strategy will be well versed in attribution methods and those in use by DriveTime. This chain of attribution includes ad impression to web visit to in-store sale analysis. This person is also responsible for growing and developing a strong team of technically capable analysts to help measure results, provide visibility, and drive ever greater return on ad spend.
Relying on their expertise and proficiency with SQL, Snowflake, Python, and data visualization software, the Director of Marketing Analytics will work collaboratively with marketing strategists, business intelligence, project managers, and senior leadership to provide visibility to campaign results and provide strategic thought and inquiry to help improve future ad spend. The Director is expected to be a thought leader in the company for innovation spanning analytics and measurement technology & strategy.
In short, the Director of Marketing Analytics is responsible for:
- Builds, develops, and mentors a strong team of young analysts
- Excellence in everything your team does
- Delivers visibility and insight into marketing activities and investments
- Measures return on ad spend, incrementally, and communicates performance with stakeholders and senior leadership
- Works collaboratively with marketing and other support teams to help drive results through data driven optimizations
- Partners effectively with internal teams and third-party resources (publishers and technology providers such as Google)
- Analytic technology & strategy expert
- Can partner with IT to create automated/programmatic solutions
So What Kind of Folks Are We Looking for?
- Killer analytical and reporting abilities. You’ll need the capability to analyze data and in return, prepare timely reports on your findings.
- Management material. We are looking for someone that can lead, manage and grow within our organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. The ability to talk and write with confidence, charisma and competence for a wide variety of audiences including management.
- Operate autonomously. This isn’t a "hold your hand" kind of role. We give you autonomy to be creative in your space and do your thing. We need an individual that is self-motivated to get the work done and get the work done well.
- Fantastic problem solver. Your job is not only to find the problem, but more importantly, find the solution.
- Rebel with a cause. You are always looking beyond the obvious for continuous improvement.
- 5+ years’ experience in a highly analytical role
- 2+ years’ experience managing or mentoring analysts
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, CIS, Engineering, Mathematics or equivalent
- Proficient in Snowflake, SQL, Python, and data visualization
- Data driven and passionate about analytics & measurement strategy
- Well versed in economic concepts such as marginal cost and diminishing returns
- Passionate, motivated, high motor
Anything Else? Absolutely.
DriveTime was awarded Top Companies to Work for in AZ by AZCentral.com for our great culture and one of the Best Places to Work in IT as awarded by PBJ. Essentially we offer a creative, transparent and fun environment since, well, we work here too. DriveTime was also voted the Fastest-Growing Private Companies by Inc 5000, and we aren’t slowing down anytime soon!
So What About the Perks? Perks matter.
- Medical, Dental and Vision. DriveTime pays a nice chunk of your premiums to keep the cost as low as possible for our employees.
- 16 days of PTO and 6 paid Holidays. Because who doesn’t love time off?
- Benefits like 401(k), company paid life insurance, short and long-term disability.
- Casual Dress. Come dressed in jeans (you’ll fit right in with the rest of us).
- Game Room. Gimme a break - no, not a Kit Kat ad but we do have a ping-pong table, pool table and Virtual Reality if you ever need a break in your day.
- Wellness Program and In-House Gym. We want our employees to be the best versions of themselves. That’s why we offer a Wellness Program that includes an in-house gym, B12 shots, teeth cleanings, biometric screenings and much more!
- Growth opportunities. DriveTime takes a lot of pride in promoting from within. We have spent the last 14 years growing our team members and taking them on the path to owning their careers!
And when it comes to hiring, we don't just look for the right person for the job, we seek out the right person for DriveTime. Buckle up for plenty of opportunities to grow in a professional, fun, and high-energy environment!