Director, Loss Mitigation Recovery
What’s Under the Hood
DriveTime Family of Brands includes in-house financing and servicing through Bridgecrest, which is one of the country’s leading financial servicing providers. Bridgecrest services roughly $17 billion in finance receivables for DriveTime and other third parties. We service auto loans across a wide credit spectrum with the intent of creating a strong path to vehicle ownership for our customers.
That’s Nice, But What’s the Job?
Responsibilities of the Job (Or Better Known as, Your Next Destination)
This position is responsible for planning, evaluating and continuously improving all aspects of the loss mitigation process, including the development, implementation and administration of strategies to maximize loan profitability.
- Planning, developing, communicating, implementing and assessing strategic initiatives in the following areas: repossession vendor management, invoice administration and impound process optimization.
- Ensures work completed is within compliance adherence for line of business and acts as primary line of defense for policy exceptions.
- Partners broadly within Bridgecrest servicing to accelerate change and ensure a consistent customer experience.
- Develops and manages a Senior Operational leadership team who can steer and direct team members through change with consistent communication.
- Succession planning and alignment of employee performance and development with organizational goals in mind.
- Improves processes leading to material increases in profitability, while serving as second line of defense for operational escalations and approval processes.
- Maximizes enterprise values via process improvement, systematic tool development and analytical design of experiments.
- Supports large scale project delivery by working with leadership and the Project Management team to ensure completion of project tasks.
- Collaborates with Analytics to design and analyze key performance indicators that develop business insights and areas of opportunity.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (The Good Stuff)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. The ability to talk and write with confidence, charisma and competence for a wide variety of audiences including management.
- Agile in a fast-past environment. We move, and we move quickly. Thriving in an environment that never stops, is a must.
- Intellectual curiosity. Why? What? How? Do you find yourself always wanting to learn more and broaden your knowledge base? If so, this could be the role for you.
- Management material. We are looking for someone that can lead, manage and grow within our organization.
- Part of your job will be working in conjunction with various corporate groups to achieve corporate and ground goals.
- Passionate and goal-oriented. We are looking for someone that is enthusiastic about their work and is passionate about not only meeting their goals but exceeding them.
- Entrepreneurial spirit. An attitude and approach to thinking that actively seeks out change. You’ll need a mindset that embraces critical questioning, ownership, innovation and continuous improvement.
- Strategic thinker. We are looking for an individual that takes an insightful, future oriented, open-minded and proactive approach to thinking.
- Takes a hold of the wheel. You’ll need to take the initiative and be comfortable doing so.
- Self-aware. Are you able to look in the mirror and take action on what you see?
Requirements (a.k.a. What You Need to Get the Job Done)
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance or related discipline.
- 5+ years of operations and leadership experience.
- Ability to lead large cross functional teams.
- Proven history of process improvement leading to material increases in profitability.
- Strong history of building and leading teams.
So What About the Perks? Perks matter
- Medical, dental, and vision, oh my! DriveTime Family of Brands covers a sizable amount of insurance premiums to ensure our employees receive top-tier healthcare coverage.
- But Wait, There’s More. 401(K), Company paid life insurance policy, short and long-term disability coverage to name a few.
- Growth Opportunities. You grow, I grow, we all grow! But seriously, DriveTime Family of Brands is committed to providing its employees with every opportunity to grow professionally with roughly over 1,000 employees promoted year over year.
- Tuition Reimbursement. We’re as passionate about your professional development as you are. With that, we’ll put our money where our mouth is.
- Wellness Program. Health is wealth! This program includes self-guided coaching and journeys, cash incentives and discounts on your medical premiums through engaging in fun activities!
- Gratitude is Green. We offer competitive pay across the organization, because, well money matters!
- Game Room. Gimme a break - no, not a Kit Kat ad but we do have a ping-pong table, a pool table and other games if you ever need a break in your day.
- In-House Gym. We want our employees to be the best versions of themselves. So come early, take a break in your day, or finish strong with a workout!
- Enjoy Social Events? Bring it on. Rally with your team for festive gatherings, team competitions or just to hang out!
- We Care and Value YOU! Feel the love and let us treat you to company outings, personal rewards, amazing prizes & much more!
- Paid Time Off & Paid Holidays. Not just lip service: we work hard, to play hard.
- Company Driver. It’s one of the coolest perks of being who we are! We’ve got your insurance, maintenance, and cost of vehicle covered; you just keep gas in the tank.
Anything Else? Absolutely.
DriveTime Family of Brands is Great Place to Work Certified! And get this: 90% of our rockstar employees say they feel right at home here. We could spend a lot of time having you read about ALL our awards, but we’ll save time (and practice some humility) just naming a few others; Comparably Awards: Best Company for Diversity, Best Company Culture and Best Company Leadership, oh and don’t forget Phoenix Business Journal Healthiest Employers (okay, we’ll stop there)!
Hiring is contingent upon successful completion of our background and drug screening process. DriveTime is a drug-free, tobacco-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
And when it comes to hiring, we don't just look for the right person for the job, we seek out the right person for DriveTime. Buckle up for plenty of opportunities to grow in a professional, fun, and high-energy environment!