Director, Inventory Operations
- Reconditioning Center Leadership
- Business Unit
- Reconditioning Center
- 5707 Transport Dr
- Postal Code
DriveTime Needs a Director
Headquartered in Tempe, Arizona, DriveTime is the largest privately owned used car sales and finance company in the country. With more than 130 dealerships, 3 operations centers and 15 reconditioning centers across the nation, our 4,000+ employees are focused on getting the right customer in the right car, at the right terms. With over 25 years of industry experience, and our dedication to streamlining the purchase process, we're redefining what it means to buy and finance a used car.
As focused as we are on our customer, we take that same focus on finding the right talent for the right opportunities within our organization. All across the nation, from our Home Office and operations centers to our retail locations and reconditioning centers, we are looking for talented individuals like yourself to join our ever-growing team!
That’s Nice, But What’s the Job?
In short, as a Director of Inventory Operations you will oversee the production, people and processes at one of our largest Reconditioning Centers, where vehicles are fine-tuned prior to hitting our dealership lots.
In long, our Director of Inventory Operations is responsible for:
- Lead and assist the Operations Managers in order to hit production targets, both in volume of vehicles and quality of work
- Ensure daily, monthly, quarterly, and annual production targets are achieved
- Implement standard operating procedures to drive consistency, make improvements and solve for breakdowns in process
- Collaborate with cross functional teams of stakeholders and business partners to establish a best-in-class inventory management program; continuously strive for a better way of conducting day to day operations.
- Drive Logistics Excellence initiatives to meet business objectives on time and within budget
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
So What Kind of Folks Are We Looking for?
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. The ability to talk and write with confidence, charisma and competence for a wide variety of audiences including management.
- A mind for the details. Okay we know “detail-oriented” is on about every job description – but we really mean it!
- Agile in a fast-paced environment. We move, and we move quickly. Thriving in an environment that never stops, is a must.
- Plays well with others. You will be working in a high-functioning team environment. We work together in order to win together.
- Organization and time management skills in spades. You’ll be handling multiple projects and deadlines that will require you to prioritize then re-prioritize… then… re-prioritize again.
- Rebel with a cause. You are always looking beyond the obvious for continuous improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Admin, Supply Chain or Logistics preferred
- 5+ years of leadership experience over processes and people, preferably in a production environment
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Experience in developingand implementing detailed process work instructions
- Experience in developing and improving production output in a high volume setting
Anything Else? Absolutely.
DriveTime was awarded Top Companies to Work for in AZ by AZCentral.com for our great culture and recognized as one of the Best & Brightest Employers in the nation. Essentially we offer a creative, transparent and fun environment since, well, we work here too. DriveTime was also voted the Fastest-Growing Private Companies by Inc 5000, and we aren’t slowing down anytime soon!
So What About the Perks? Perks matter.
- Company Car. We are a car company after all. Go ahead and pick one out for yourself!
- Medical, Dental and Vision.DriveTime pays a nice chunk of your premiums to keep the cost as low as possible for our employees.
- 16 days of PTO and 6 paid Holidays.Because who doesn’t love time off?
- Benefitslike 401(k), company paid life insurance, short and long-term disability.
- Casual Dress.Come dressed in jeans (you’ll fit right in with the rest of us).
- Growth opportunities. DriveTime takes a lot of pride in promoting from within. We have spent the last 14 years growing our team members and taking them on the path to owning their careers!