Director, Financial Planning and Analysis
- Business Unit
- 1720 W Rio Salado Pkwy
- Postal Code
DriveTime Needs a Director of Financial Planning and Analysis
Let’s start here, this isn’t a backfill folks, this is a new position on a growing team!
Want to join and lead a pivotal team with incredibly talented (and humble) people?
Want to be part of a growing organization and have a direct impact on its success?
Want to work in a fast pace, quick decision making, and energetic environment?
Want to do real work that impacts our business and our customers every day?
If you answered yes, read on. If not, not worries, we are not for everyone.
Headquartered in Tempe, Arizona, DriveTime is the largest privately owned used car sales and finance company in the country (yes, we are THAT good)! With more than 130 dealerships, 3 operations centers and 20 reconditioning centers across the nation, our 5,000+ employees are focused on getting the right customer in the right car, at the right terms. With over 25 years of industry experience, and our dedication to streamlining the purchase process, we're redefining what it means to buy and finance a used car.
As focused as we are on our customer, we take that same focus on finding the right talent for the right opportunities within our organization. Across the nation, from our home office and operations centers to our retail locations and reconditioning centers, we are looking for talented individuals like yourself to join our ever-growing team!
That’s Nice, But What’s the Job?
In short, as a Director of Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A), you will be responsible for communicating forecasts and business initiatives to all levels of the business including senior management. In this role you will report to the Sr. Managing Director of FP&A and work closely with the Senior Management Team.
In long, our Director of FP&A is responsible for:
- Supporting all planning, forecasting, and reporting processes across the company - including but not limited to monthly forecasts, annual budget & 5-year business outlook.
- Driving the annual budgeting and forecasting processes providing visibility on profitability, efficiencies, and key operational metrics.
- Leading a team of analysts by providing technical guidance and supervision support.
- Preparing financial analyses reports to aid in the understanding of key business activity in order to make better operational decisions.
- Identifying, tracking and forecasting main drivers and transactions of the organization.
- Holding self and others accountable for forecast accuracy, continuous improvement and delivering results.
- Presentation of monthly and quarterly reports that provide management accurate information to support decision-making.
- Proposing changes to current reporting to ensure financial targets are being tracked.
- Providing ad hoc analysis and special projects as needed.
So What Kind of Folks Are We Looking for?
- Organization and time management skills in spades. You’ll be handling multiple projects and deadlines that will require you to prioritize then re-prioritize… then… re-prioritize again.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. The ability to talk and write with confidence, charisma and competence for a wide variety of audiences including business leaders.
- Killer analytical and reporting abilities. You’ll need the capability to analyze financial data and in return, prepare timely reports on your findings.
- A mind for the details. Okay we know “detail-oriented” is on about every job description – but we really mean it!
- Agile in a fast-past environment. We move, and we move quickly. Thriving in an environment that never stops, is a must.
- Plays well with others. You will be working in a high-functioning team environment. We work together in order to win together.
- Collaborative contributor. You need the ability to coordinate and supervise staff while remaining an individual contributor to the team.
- Intellectual curiosity. Why? What? How? Do you find yourself always wanting to learn more and broaden your knowledge base? If so, this could be the role for you.
- Operate automatously. This isn’t a “hold your hand” kind of role. We give you autonomy to be creative in your space and do your thing. We need an individual that is self-motivated to get the work done and get the work done well.
- Works well in a time crunch. There will be multiple time sensitive requirements and you’ll need the ability to meet deliverable due dates.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
- 7+ years in finance, accounting or external audit is preferred inclusive of experience forecasting and conducting business analysis for a dynamic organization.
- Capable of executing the full annual budgeting cycle from planning, strategy development, bottoms-up rollup, and communication.
- CPA or CFA license is a plus.
- Demonstrated in-depth understanding of business and cost drivers, financial statement analysis and forecasting, and variance analysis.
- Experience communicating results to business leaders.
- Advanced Excel skills required.
Anything Else? Absolutely.
DriveTime was awarded Top Companies to Work for in AZ by AZCentral.com for our great culture and one of the Best Places to Work in IT as awarded by PBJ. Essentially we offer a creative, transparent and fun environment since, well, we work here too. DriveTime was also voted the Fastest-Growing Private Companies by Inc 5000, and we aren’t slowing down anytime soon!
So, What About the Perks? Perks matter.
- Medical, Dental and Vision. DriveTime pays a nice chunk of your premiums to keep the cost as low as possible for our employees.
- 16 days of PTO and 6 paid Holidays. Because who doesn’t love time off?
- Benefits like 401(k), company paid life insurance, short and long-term disability.
- Casual Dress. Come dressed in jeans (you’ll fit right in with the rest of us).
- Game Room. Gimme a break – no, not a Kit Kat ad but we do have a ping-pong table, pool table and Virtual Reality if you ever need a break in your day.
- Wellness Program and In-House Gym. We want our employees to be the best versions of themselves. That’s why we offer a Wellness Program that includes an in-house gym, B12 shots, teeth cleanings, biometric screenings and much more!
- Growth opportunities. DriveTime takes a lot of pride in promoting from within. We have spent the last 14 years growing our team members and taking them on the path to owning their careers!