Director, Digital Products
- Business Unit
- 1720 W Rio Salado Pkwy
- Postal Code
DriveTime Needs a Director, Digital Products
Headquartered in Tempe, Arizona, DriveTime is the largest privately owned used car sales and finance company in the country. With more than 130 dealerships, 3 operations centers and 15 reconditioning centers across the nation, our 4,000+ employees are focused on getting the right customer in the right car, at the right terms. With over 25 years of industry experience, and our dedication to streamlining the purchase process, we're redefining what it means to buy and finance a used car.
As focused as we are on our customer, we take that same focus on finding the right talent for the right opportunities within our organization. Across the nation, from our home office and operations centers to our retail locations and reconditioning centers, we are looking for talented individuals like yourself to join our ever-growing team!
That’s Nice, But What’s the Job?
In short, our Director of Digital Products is responsible for leading all phases of end-to-end digital customer experience product management and development which includes ideation and assessment, strategy execution and product launch, and ongoing monitoring of implementation tactics and results. This role combines digital domain expertise and knowledge of digital platforms and technology with business strategy and consumer insights.
In long, our Director of Digital Products is responsible for:
- Developing 2-3 year holistic strategic product roadmap and collaborating with cross-functional teams (User-experience design, Engineering, Business, Analytics, Risk and Legal) to execute on the roadmap.
- Defining goals and expected outcomes of roadmap items, aligning with portfolio objectives and key results.
- Partnering with analytics and BI teams to define requirements and deliver reporting tools to standardize information sharing within and across teams.
- Managing the Product Management team that owns feature creation and delivery to ITand building and maintaining a prioritized feature backlog.
- Using customer-centric design-thinking principles, to drive product development with an iterative approach to continually build, release, and improve end to end solutions.
- Working with analytics partners to evaluate, experiment, and launch outcomes as well as ongoing product performance to identify opportunities for improvement and optimization.
- Managing software vendor relationships, including leading the assessment of build vs. buy decisions, negotiation of agreements and ensuring prioritization of requested improvements to their products and processes.
- Building, leading and developing a team of high performing Product Managers, Product Analysts and UX designers.
So What Kind of Folks Are We Looking for?
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. The ability to talk and write with confidence, charisma and competence for a wide variety of audiences including executive leadership.
- A mind for the details. Okay we know “detail-oriented” is on about every job description – but we really mean it!
- Agile in a fast-past environment. We move, and we move quickly. Thriving in an environment that never stops, is a must.
- Plays well with others. You will be working in a high-functioning team environment. We work together in order to win together.
- Organization and time management skills in spades. You’ll be handling multiple projects and deadlines that will require you to prioritize then re-prioritize… then… re-prioritize again.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills. Friendly and tactful with the ability to influence others, effectively manage conflict, exercise sound judgment, effectively manage highly sensitive and confidential information, interact at all levels within the organization, and build cross-functional partnerships across the business.
- Rebel with a cause. You are always looking beyond the obvious for continuous improvement.
- Takes a hold of the wheel. You’ll need to take the initiative and be comfortable doing so.
- 5+ years of product management experience with a focus on consumer-facing web and mobile based products. Prior experience with customer self-service portals/tools is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in MIS, Business or other equivalent degree. MBA highly preferred
- Relevant experience developing high-quality customer facing products, technologies or platforms with proven ability to consistently deliver up to spec products
- Experience leading teams with a strong focus on their professional development
- Strong product thinking, ability to advocate for the best customer experience and continually make prioritization decisions to focus on the best value for end customers
- Ability to understand the customers’ needs and collaborate with technical partners to deliver personalized and intuitive experiences that align with customers’ preferences and exceed their expectations
- Strong collaboration skills, ability to drive and influence complex decision-making with various stakeholder groups and build consensus
- Excellent communication and ability to simplify and tailor messages to different audiences
- Robust problem-solving ability, breaking down complex challenges to find solutions
- Highly comfortable with data and making data-backed product decisions
Anything Else? Absolutely.
DriveTime was awarded Top Companies to Work for in AZ by AZCentral.com for our great culture and one of the Best Places to Work in IT as awarded by PBJ. Essentially we offer a creative, transparent and fun environment since, well, we work here too. DriveTime was also voted the Fastest-Growing Private Companies by Inc 5000, and we aren’t slowing down anytime soon!
So What About the Perks? Perks matter.
- Medical, Dental and Vision. DriveTime pays a nice chunk of your premiums to keep the cost as low as possible for our employees.
- 16 days of PTO and 6 paid Holidays. Because who doesn’t love time off?
- Benefits like 401(k), company paid life insurance, short and long-term disability.
- Casual Dress. Come dressed in jeans (you’ll fit right in with the rest of us).
- Game Room. Gimme a break – no, not a Kit Kat ad but we do have a ping-pong table, pool table and Virtual Reality if you ever need a break in your day.
- Wellness Program and In-House Gym. We want our employees to be the best versions of themselves. That’s why we offer a Wellness Program that includes an in-house gym, B12 shots, teeth cleanings, biometric screenings and much more!
- Growth opportunities. DriveTime takes a lot of pride in promoting from within. We have spent the last 14 years growing our team members and taking them on the path to owning their careers!