Director, Auto Claims
- Operations Leadership
- Business Unit
- 1720 W Rio Salado Pkwy
- Postal Code
DriveTime Needs a Director, Auto Claims
Headquartered in Tempe, Arizona, DriveTime is the largest privately owned used car sales and finance company in the country (yes, we are THAT good)! With more than 130 dealerships, 3 operations centers and 15 reconditioning centers across the nation, our 4,000+ employees are focused on getting the right customer in the right car, at the right terms. With over 25 years of industry experience, and our dedication to streamlining the purchase process, we're redefining what it means to buy and finance a used car.
At DriveTime, we are more than just a used car dealership. We have an entire family of brands that consist of not only auto retail but finance, warranties, ancillary products and insurance. Blueshore is the Insurance arm where we underwrite insurance products that are uniquely tailored for the consumers who purchase, lease and/or finance used automobiles.
That’s Nice, But What’s the Job?
In short, as the Director of Auto Claims you will be responsible for leading execution change management, claims strategies, leader development and technology adoption. You will drive execution of operational results, regulatory compliance training, and risk management policies and procedures.
In long, our Director of Auto Claims is responsible for:
- Leading oversight of claims adjudication for new private passenger auto product.
- Participating in development of policies & procedures, authority controls, limits, and SLAs for TPA workflow and risk management.
- Working with leadership to identify appropriate time to build and lead transition of claim administration functions in-house.
- Supervising and directing the adjustment and administration of claims, participate directly in the adjustment of complex or unusual claims.
- Reviewing and auditing files for compliance, trends, and accuracy.
- Identifying and managing existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and high risk claims.
- Development and oversight of adherence to risk and compliance policies.
- Selecting, developing, leading and holding managers accountable for serving members.
- Consistently coaching managers to lead their teams effectively across all claim features.
- Achievement of assigned goals, objectives and deliverables.
- Coordination of human capital and other resources needed to deliver appropriate service levels.
- Ensuring compliance with regulations, policies, procedures, and the fair claims settlement practices act.
- Providing guidance on technical matters, monitoring of claims reserves and extension of settlement authority.
- Service, loss control, and loss adjustment expense.
- Identification of trends and development of action plans as appropriate.
- Proactively managing claims to the optimal balance of cost management and customer service.
- Inspiring a high performance team that works to deliver exceptional experiences to members, stakeholders, and fellow employees.
So What Kind of Folks Are We Looking for?
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. The ability to talk and write with confidence, charisma and competence for a wide variety of audiences including management.
- Management material. We are looking for someone that can lead, manage and grow within our organization.
- Rebel with a cause. You are always looking beyond the obvious for continuous improvement.
- Agile in a fast-paced environment. We move, and we move quickly. Thriving in an environment that never stops, is a must.
- Plays well with others. You will be working in a high-functioning team environment. We work together in order to win together.
- Organization and time management skills in spades. You’ll be handling multiple projects and deadlines that will require you to prioritize then re-prioritize… then… re-prioritize again.
- Strategic thinker. We are looking for an individual that takes an insightful, future oriented, open-minded and proactive approach to thinking.
- 7+ years of experience handling private passenger auto claims.
- Leadership experience managing team(s) in claim adjudication.
- College degree or equivalent work experience.
- Standard auto experience required.
- Third-party administrator experience.
- Must have claim related computer systems experience.
Anything Else? Absolutely.
DriveTime was awarded Top Companies to Work for in AZ by AZCentral.com for our great culture and one of the Best Places to Work in IT as awarded by PBJ. Essentially we offer a creative, transparent and fun environment since, well, we work here too. DriveTime was also voted the Fastest-Growing Private Companies by Inc 5000, and we aren’t slowing down anytime soon!
So What About the Perks? Perks matter.
- Medical, Dental and Vision. DriveTime pays a nice chunk of your premiums to keep the cost as low as possible for our employees.
- 16 days of PTO and 6 paid Holidays. Because who doesn’t love time off?
- Benefits like 401(k), company paid life insurance, short and long-term disability.
- Casual Dress. Come dressed in jeans (you’ll fit right in with the rest of us).
- Game Room. Gimme a break – no, not a Kit Kat ad but we do have a ping-pong table, pool table and Virtual Reality if you ever need a break in your day.
- Wellness Program and In-House Gym. We want our employees to be the best versions of themselves. That’s why we offer a Wellness Program that includes an in-house gym, B12 shots, teeth cleanings, biometric screenings and much more!
- Growth opportunities. DriveTime takes a lot of pride in promoting from within. We have spent the last 14 years growing our team members and taking them on the path to owning their careers!