Data Science Internship
- Business Unit
- 1720 W Rio Salado Pkwy
- Postal Code
What’s under the hood:
Headquartered in Tempe, Arizona, DriveTime is the largest privately owned used car sales and finance company in the country. With more than 130 dealerships, 3 operations centers and 15 reconditioning centers across the nation, our 4,000+ employees are focused on getting the right customer in the right car, at the right terms. With over 25 years of industry experience, and our dedication to streamlining the purchase process, we're redefining what it means to buy and finance a used car.
As focused as we are on our customer, we take that same focus on finding the right talent for the right opportunities within our organization. All across the nation, from our Home Office and operations centers to our retail locations and reconditioning centers, we are looking for talented individuals like yourself to join our ever-growing team! Now is your chance to be a part of the coveted 2022 DriveTime Summer Internship Program in Tempe, AZ.
Alright I’m hooked. So What’s the Job?
As a Data Science Intern you will work alongside our Data Science team that act as internal consultants to deliver immediate value and design long term solutions to provide a fundamental change to all portions of our business.
Along with gaining hands-on industry experience in your field, you will:
- Participate in a volunteer project with the local community
- Gain a deeper understanding of our business model and where you fit in via local site tours and various department overviews
- Attend Friday workshops facilitated by our Executive Leadership team covering topics such as: time management, compliance, personal branding, leadership & more!
- Our internship program will be 11 weeks starting May 2022 to August 2022
- Internships will be based out of our Home Office in Tempe, AZ
- You can expect a regular schedule Monday-Friday, 25-30 hours per week
What do you need?
- You are currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree
- You are currently in your Junior or Senior year
- You are concentrating with the major(s) of Data Science, Statistics, Engineering, Mathematics, Economics, Business Analytics, Actuarial/Risk Analysis, Accounting, Business, Finance and/or Financial Management majors majors
- You’re studying and working hard and have a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher
- Able to read & write in Python (R is a plus!)
- Exposure to SQL
- You are a critical thinker. We need folks that don’t simply accept all arguments and conclusions but rather have an attitude involving questioning arguments and conclusions.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills. The ability to talk and write with confidence, charisma and competence for a wide variety of audiences including management.
- You possess intellectual curiosity. Why? What? How? Do you find yourself always wanting to learn more and broaden your knowledge base? If so, this could be the role for you.
Hiring is contingent upon successful completion of our background and drug screening process. DriveTime is a drug-free, tobacco-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.