- HR Support
- Business Unit
- 1720 W Rio Salado Pkwy
- Postal Code
DriveTime Needs a Curriculum Designer
Headquartered in Tempe, Arizona, DriveTime is the largest privately owned used car sales and finance company in the country. With more than 130 dealerships, 3 operations centers and 15 reconditioning centers across the nation, our 4,000+ employees are focused on getting the right customer in the right car, at the right terms. With over 25 years of industry experience, and our dedication to streamlining the purchase process, we're redefining what it means to buy and finance a used car.
As focused as we are on our customer, we take that same focus on finding the right talent for the right opportunities within our organization. Across the nation, from our home office and operations centers to our retail locations and reconditioning centers, we are looking for talented individuals like yourself to join our ever-growing team!
That’s Nice, But What’s the Job?
In short, the Curriculum Designer will play a central role in scaling the growth and development of our leadership team. With collaboration and partnership across the business, you will design, develop and influence leadership development programs that prepare our leaders for long-term and team success, while achieving strategic learning objectives.
In long, the Curriculum Designer will:
- Create, design, and develop comprehensive leadership content and curricula that promotes engagement, learner retention, and practical application while achieving organizational outcomes
- Monitor and evaluate effectiveness of programs to ensure desired behaviors are implemented and confidence, competence, and knowledge are proven
- Establish effective learning objectives and detailed course materials that support adults in learning and developing key skills and competencies
- Produce stimulating and learner-focused content, activities, and supplemental material that aid in application, execution and delivery.
- Collaborate with key partners to identify, influence, assess, and implement leadership development solutions that build capability and talent for performance and succession at all levels
So What Kind of Folks Are We Looking for?
- Organization and time management skills in spades. You’ll be handling multiple projects and deadlines that will require you to prioritize then re-prioritize… then… re-prioritize again.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. The ability to talk and write with confidence, charisma and competence for a wide variety of audiences, including management.
- A mind for the details. Okay we know “detail-oriented” is on about every job description – but we really mean it!
- Agile in a fast-past environment. We move, and we move quickly. Thriving in an environment that never stops, is a must.
- Plays well with others. You will be working in a high-functioning team environment. We work together in order to win together.
- Works well in a time crunch. There will be multiple time sensitive requirements and you’ll need the ability to meet deliverable due dates.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 2+ years experience in leadership content development for delivery across online and in-person modalities
- Proven expertise in leadership topics to include coaching, performance management, employee/team development, hiring/selection, and situational leadership, among others. Direct leadership experience is key.
- Applied knowledge of Adult Learning Theory, rubrics, and backward-designed techniques, while ensuring content is research-based and current
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Ability to translate needs into actionable solutions that advocate/achieve organizational strategy and vision.
- Strong time/project management abilities with high regard for deadlines and multi-project focus
- Proven ability to develop creative solutions that help drive behavioral and cultural changes within the company
- Critical thinking skills and use of good judgment/professionalism at all times.
- Recognizable passion for learning and development
Anything Else? Absolutely.
DriveTime was awarded Top Companies to Work for in AZ by AZCentral.com for our great culture and one of the Best Places to Work in IT as awarded by PBJ. Essentially we offer a creative, transparent and fun environment since, well, we work here too. DriveTime was also voted the Fastest-Growing Private Companies by Inc 5000, and we aren’t slowing down anytime soon!
So What About the Perks? Perks matter.
- Medical, Dental and Vision. DriveTime pays a nice chunk of your premiums to keep the cost as low as possible for our employees.
- 16 days of PTO and 6 paid Holidays. Because who doesn’t love time off?
- Benefits like 401(k), company paid life insurance, short and long-term disability.
- Casual Dress. Come dressed in jeans (you’ll fit right in with the rest of us).
- Game Room. Gimme a break – no, not a Kit Kat ad but we do have a ping-pong table, pool table and Virtual Reality if you ever need a break in your day.
- Wellness Program and In-House Gym. We want our employees to be the best versions of themselves. That’s why we offer a Wellness Program that includes an in-house gym, B12 shots, teeth cleanings, biometric screenings and much more!
- Growth opportunities. DriveTime takes a lot of pride in promoting from within. We have spent the last 14 years growing our team members and taking them on the path to owning their careers!