Automotive Painter - 2nd Shift
- Reconditioning Center Support
- Business Unit
- Reconditioning Center
- 2451 McCracken Rd
- Postal Code
What’s under the hood:
DriveTime is the largest privately owned used car sales and finance company in the country. Headquartered in Tempe, Arizona, we have more than 120+ dealerships, 3 operations centers and 15 reconditioning centers across the nation. Our 4,000+ employees are focused on getting the right customer in the right car, at the right terms. With over 25 years of industry experience and our dedication to streamlining the purchase process, we're redefining what it means to buy and finance a used car.
That’s Nice, But What’s the Job?
- Inspect and identify various needed cosmetic repairs using DriveTime standards and tools.
- Complete glass repairs as necessary and review all completed work with lead/supervisor.
- Use, store, and maintain equipment properly.
- Prep DriveTime vehicles and panels for paint – sanding, filling, taping, etc.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Maintain a daily performance logs and review with the Inspection Center General Manager
- Achieve the established goal for throughput, efficiency and quality
- Establish consistency among technicians by adhering, enforcing and promoting DT Standards
- Review and communicate all issues with the appropriate Cosmetic Associate, Reconditioning Manager and ICGM
- Perform daily area inspections to ensure Cosmetic Associates are keeping clean and safe workstations
- Promote teamwork and collaboration within the Inspection Center
- The duties and responsibilities listed above are intended to provide general guidelines and parameters for the job and are not intended to be a comprehensive, detailed description of the job.
- Conduct business within DriveTime policies and procedures
- Act ethically, with integrity and in the best interest of the customer and the business at all times
- Portray a positive image of DriveTime and actively participate in the creation of a positive, professional work environment
- Maintain work station performance while adhering to DriveTime guidelines, policies and practices and acting ethically and with integrity at all times and with all employees
- Perform other related duties as assigned
So, What’s in our Candidate Inspection?
- Top of the “Line” communicator. Ability to talk and write with confidence, charisma and competence for a wide variety of audiences including management.
- Listeners…Not Hearers Seek to understand, do not hear to reply.
- A mind for the details. Okay we know “detail-oriented” is on about every job description – but we really mean it!
- Plays well with others. You will be working in a high-functioning team environment. We work together in order to win together.
- Being “fashionably late” is great outside the job, but on the job you’ll need to adhere to regular and predictable attendance.
The Specifics - What do you need?
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Vocational/Technical degree or professional experience equivalent is a plus.
- Valid driver's license, and insurable DMV required.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Any equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience that fulfills the requirements of the position will be considered.
- This role typically requires 1-2 years of experience and the ability to work on all makes and models (Domestic, European and Asian brands).
Anything Else? Absolutely.
DriveTime was also voted the Fastest-Growing Private Companies by Inc 5000, and we aren’t slowing down anytime soon!
So What About the Perks? Perks matter.
- Earn a $750 bonus when you start in October!
- Medical, Dental and Vision. DriveTime pays a nice chunk of your premiums to keep the cost as low as possible for our employees.
- Sundays off. We’re closed to give our employees valued time with family and friends.
- Benefits like 401(k), company paid life insurance, short and long-term disability.
- No customers. You do, what you do best – fix cars and work as a team.
- Growth opportunities. DriveTime takes a lot of pride in promoting from within with over 1,000 employees promoted last year.
And when it comes to hiring, we don't just look for the right person for the job, we seek out the right person for DriveTime. Along the way, we provide plenty of opportunity to be creative and grow professionally in a fun, high-energy environment.
Hiring is contingent upon successful completion of our background and drug screening process. DriveTime is a drug-free, tobacco-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.