Cosmetic Associate - Automotive Painter - 1st Shift
Responsibilities: That’s Nice, But What’s the Job?
- Inspect and identify various needed cosmetic repairs using DriveTime standards and tools.
- Perform color blending and color matching, and apply finishes resulting in a high quality finish.
- Operate spray-dying equipment, power tools, fillers, stitching, sanding and work aids utilizing specific surface preparation and repair techniques.
- Mix dyes to specified color using formulas, color charts or matching premixed containers.
- Use, store, and maintain equipment properly.
- Prep DriveTime vehicles and panels for paint - sanding, filling, taping, etc. - Perform daily inspections to maintain a clean and safe work area.
- Achieve the established goal for throughput, efficiency and quality
- Review and communicate all issues with the appropriate Cosmetic Associate and Reconditioning Manager.
- Portray a positive image of DriveTime and actively participate in the creation of a positive, professional work environment.
- Maintain work station performance while adhering to DriveTime guidelines, policies and practices and acting ethically and with integrity at all times and with all employees.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
So What About the Perks? Perks matter.
- Medical, Dental and Vision. DriveTime pays a nice chunk of your premiums to keep the cost as low as possible for our employees.
- Sundays off. We’re closed to give our employees valued time with family and friends.
- Benefits like 401(k), company paid life insurance, short and long-term disability.
- No customers. You do, what you do best - fix cars and work as a team.
- Growth opportunities. DriveTime takes a lot of pride in promoting from within with over 1,000 employees promoted last year.
Qualifications: So, What’s in our Candidate Inspection?
- Top of the "Line" communicator. Ability to talk and write with confidence, charisma and competence for a wide variety of audiences including management.
- ListenersNot Hearers Seek to understand, do not hear to reply.
- A mind for the details. Okay we know "detail-oriented" is on about every job description - but we really mean it!
- Plays well with others. You will be working in a high-functioning team environment. We work together in order to win together.
- Timely. Being "fashionably late" is great outside the job, but on the job you’ll need to adhere to regular and predictable attendance.
The Specifics - What do you need?
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Vocational/Technical degree or professional experience equivalent is a plus.
- Valid driver's license, and insurable DMV required.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- This role typically requires 1-2 years of experience and the ability to work on all makes and models (Domestic, European and Asian brands).
Absolutely. DriveTime was also voted the Fastest-Growing Private Companies by Inc 5000, and we aren’t slowing down anytime soon! And when it comes to hiring, we don't just look for the right person for the job, we seek out the right person for DriveTime. Along the way, we provide plenty of opportunity to be creative and grow professionally in a fun, high-energy environment. Hiring is contingent upon successful completion of our background and drug screening process. DriveTime is a drug-free, tobacco-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
And when it comes to hiring, we don't just look for the right person for the job, we seek out the right person for DriveTime. Buckle up for plenty of opportunities to grow in a professional, fun, and high-energy environment!