- Business Unit
- 1720 W Rio Salado Pkwy
- Postal Code
DriveTime Needs a Corporate Counsel…
Think practicing law should be more than billable hours and timesheets?
Want to work with incredibly talented (and humble) people?
Want to work on incredibly diverse and wide-ranging legal topics?
Want to work in a fast pace, quick decision making, and energetic environment?
Want to do real work that impacts our business and our customers every day?
If you answered yes, read on. If not, not worries, we are not for everyone.
Headquartered in Tempe, Arizona, DriveTime is the largest privately owned used car sales and finance company in the country (yes, we are THAT good)! With more than 130 dealerships, 3 operations centers and 15 reconditioning centers across the nation, our 4,000+ employees are focused on getting the right customer in the right car, at the right terms. With over 25 years of industry experience, and our dedication to streamlining the purchase process, we're redefining what it means to buy and finance a used car.
As focused as we are on our customer, we take that same focus on finding the right talent for the right opportunities within our organization. All across the nation, from our Home Office and operations centers to our retail locations and reconditioning centers, we are looking for talented individuals like yourself to join our ever-growing team!
That’s Nice, But What’s the Job?
In short, as a Corporate Counsel you will work on a dedicated team of legal professionals serving our company and its diverse legal needs. You will support litigation, compliance, transactions, contracts, employment matters, and anything else that comes our way. We expect engaged, energetic and high-quality client service and support. To be successful here, you need to be results oriented, dedicated to constantly learning, and continuously improving yourself and others.
Corporate Counsel is responsible for:
- Litigation matters, responding to customer demands and generally supporting the business.
- Research and analysis of legal and regulatory matters applicable our diverse operations
- Labor and employment guidance, and dispute resolution.
- Consulting with and advising business leaders in all areas.
- Reviewing, advising, negotiating and drafting contractual agreements.
- Providing support on marketing and public relations matters.
- Assisting on corporate governance and Board of Director matters.
- Providing support on internal and external audit matters.
- Keeping informed of industry-specific regulations and ensuring that appropriate risk management strategies are in place.
- Advising the company on and managing outside counsel for ongoing business and legal issues.
So What Kind of Folks Are We Looking for?
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. The ability to talk and write with confidence, charisma and competence for a wide variety of audiences including management.
- A mind for the details. Okay we know “detail-oriented” is on about every job description – but we really mean it!
- Agile in a fast-past environment. We move, and we move quickly. Thriving in an environment that never stops, is a must.
- Plays well with others. You will be working in a high-functioning team environment. We work together in order to win together.
- Organization and time management skills in spades. You’ll be handling multiple projects and deadlines that will require you to prioritize then re-prioritize… then… re-prioritize again.
- Constant Learner. You are always willing and looking to expand your knowledge and grow intellectually.
- Quality decision maker. Good decisions are made based on knowledge. We’ll need you to gather all the facts and take them all into consideration when making decisions.
- Rebel with a cause. You are always looking beyond the obvious for continuous improvement.
- Master of multi-tasking. We are looking for someone that can handle multiple matters at once and feels comfortable juggling the work load.
- Comfortable being uncomfortable. You will need the ability to get out of your comfort zone to expand your skillset.
- 3+ years of commercial legal experience
- Experience with national law firm preferred, but not required.
- General experience in litigation, general research and commercial contracts.
- Client service focused with an excellent track record in previous client support
Nice to have.
- Experience in highly regulated industries and consumer regulatory laws.
- Experience with consumer finance litigation and regulatory enforcement.
Anything Else? Absolutely.
DriveTime was awarded Top Companies to Work for in AZ by AZCentral.com for our great culture and one of the Best Places to Work in IT as awarded by PBJ. Essentially we offer a creative, transparent and fun environment since, well, we work here too. DriveTime was also voted the Fastest-Growing Private Companies by Inc 5000, and we aren’t slowing down anytime soon!
So What About the Perks? Perks matter.
- Medical, Dental and Vision. DriveTime pays a nice chunk of your premiums to keep the cost as low as possible for our employees.
- Generous PTO and Holiday Policy. Because who doesn’t love time off?
- Benefits like 401(k), company paid life insurance, short and long-term disability.
- Casual Dress. Come dressed in jeans (you’ll fit right in with the rest of us).
- Game Room. Gimme a break – no, not a Kit Kat ad but we do have a ping-pong table, pool table and Virtual Reality if you ever need a break in your day.
- Wellness Program and In-House Gym. We want our employees to be the best versions of themselves. That’s why we offer a Wellness Program that includes an in-house gym, B12 shots, teeth cleanings, biometric screenings and much more!
- Growth opportunities. DriveTime takes a lot of pride in promoting from within. We have spent the last 14 years growing our team members and taking them on the path to owning their careers!