Coordinator, University Relations
DriveTime Needs a University Relations Coordinator
Headquartered in Tempe, Arizona, DriveTime is the largest privately owned used car sales and finance company in the country. With more than 130 dealerships, 3 operations centers and 15 reconditioning centers across the nation, our 4,000+ employees are focused on getting the right customer in the right car, at the right terms. With over 25 years of industry experience, and our dedication to streamlining the purchase process, we're redefining what it means to buy and finance a used car.
As focused as we are on our customer, we take that same focus on finding the right talent for the right opportunities within our organization. Across the nation, from our home office and operations centers to our retail locations and reconditioning centers, we are looking for talented individuals like yourself to join our ever-growing team!
That’s Nice, But What’s the Job?
In short, as a University Relations Coordinator, you will be an integral part of DriveTime’s University Internship Program supporting college recruiting efforts, planning career fairs, and maintaining strong university partnerships.
In long, our University Relations Coordinator will:
- Support the University Relations team in planning, creating, and executing DriveTime’s University Internship Program through university events .
- ?Manage high volume collaboration and communication with university partners, college interns, and DriveTime hiring managers.
- Screen and select interns to be placed in corporate level job opportunities.
- Plan, schedule and execute successful career fairs while partnering with university liaisons.
- Maintain clear communication and collaboration with many different hiring managers across DriveTime corporate needs.
- Prioritize university internship program projects while meeting specific deadlines.
- Performing other related duties as required and assigned.
So What Kind of Folks Are We Looking for?
- Organization and time management skills in spades.? You’ll be handling multiple projects and deadlines that will require you to prioritize then re-prioritize then re-prioritize again.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. The ability to talk and write with confidence, charisma and competence for a wide variety of audiences including management.
- A mind for the details.? Okay we know "detail-oriented" is on about every job description - but we really mean it!?
- Agile in a fast-past environment. We move, and we move quickly.? Thriving in an environment that never stops, is a must.
- Plays well with others.? You will be working in a high-functioning team environment.? We work together in order to win together.
- Associate's Degree or equivalent in work experience.
- 1-3 years of professional experience in area(s) such in: Employee Relations, Training, Leadership/Coaching, Sales, and/or Customer Service.
- Intermediate Microsoft Office Suite skills (Excel, Access, Word, etc.).
So What About the Perks?? Perks matter.
- Medical, Dental and Vision. DriveTime pays a nice chunk of your premiums to keep the cost as low as possible for our employees.
- 11 days of PTO and 6 paid Holidays. Because who doesn’t love time off?
- Benefits like 401(k), company paid life insurance, short and long-term disability.
- Casual Dress. Come dressed in jeans (you’ll fit right in with the rest of us).
- Game Room. Gimme a break - no, not a Kit Kat ad but we do have a ping-pong table, pool table and Virtual Reality if you ever need a break in your day.
Anything Else?? Absolutely.
DriveTime was awarded Top Companies to Work for in AZ by AZCentral.com for our great culture and one of the Best Places to Work in IT as awarded by PBJ.? Essentially we offer a creative, transparent and fun environment since, well, we work here too.? DriveTime was also voted the Fastest-Growing Private Companies by Inc 5000, and we aren’t slowing down anytime soon!
And when it comes to hiring, we don't just look for the right person for the job, we seek out the right person for DriveTime. Buckle up for plenty of opportunities to grow in a professional, fun, and high-energy environment!