- Retail Support
- Business Unit
- 1720 W Rio Salado Pkwy
- Postal Code
DriveTime Needs a Compliance Coordinator
Headquartered in Tempe, Arizona, DriveTime is the largest privately owned used car sales and finance company in the country. With more than 130 dealerships, 3 operations centers and 15 reconditioning centers across the nation, our 4,000+ employees are focused on getting the right customer in the right car, at the right terms. With over 25 years of industry experience, and our dedication to streamlining the purchase process, we're redefining what it means to buy and finance a used car.
As focused as we are on our customer, we take that same focus on finding the right talent for the right opportunities within our organization. All across the nation, from our Home Office and operations centers to our retail locations and reconditioning centers, we are looking for talented individuals like yourself to join our ever-growing team!
That’s Nice, But What’s the Job?
In short, as a Compliance Specialist you will partner with our retail operations, finance and ancillary product teams across the nation to determine potential compliance risk and process improvements focusing on our businesses. You will partner with multiple internal departments to research and create policies and procedures in states where DriveTime is interested in expanding. You will also complete research for operations-related processes, ensure proper licensing, state guidelines, internal procedure changes, and any other items deemed necessary. Bottom line, this role will help make our company even better!
In long, our Compliance Specialists are responsible for collaborating with DriveTime Dealerships, our internal departments (i.e. legal, compliance, finance, accounting, retail, etc.) and outside agencies to:
- Research state specific regulations and developments in the regulatory environment, communicate with regulators, analyze the impact of developments on new and existing programs and practices, and communicate assessment of the impact to management and affected business units, as necessary.
- Identify and assess areas of risk within the compliance environment and make recommendations for improvements to policies, procedures, or practices, as necessary.
- Lead the implementation of compliance and business initiatives related to DriveTime, Bridgecrest, SilverRock and other related entities. Provide analysis of requirements and timetables.
- Provide support to retail stores on any operations related questions and assist with store set up.
- Collaborate with coordinators and provide clear direction and instruction as a project manager, when required.
- Test or monitor dealership or reconditioning center related operations.
- Create and lead operations related trainings.
- Problem solve process concerns with business leadership.
- Identify state regulated portals/supplies and initiate set up for new locations.
- Partner with DriveTime internal departments to ensure smooth store openings.
So What Kind of Folks Are We Looking for?
- Collaborative contributor. You need the ability to coordinate and brainstorm with team members while remaining an individual contributor to the team.
- Intellectual curiosity. Why? What? How? Do you find yourself always wanting to learn more and broaden your knowledge base? If so, this could be the role for you.
- Operate automatously. This isn’t a “hold your hand” kind of role. We give you autonomy to be creative in your space and do your thing. We need an individual that is self-motivated to get the work done and get the work done well.
- Organization and time management skills in spades. You’ll be handling multiple projects and deadlines that will require you to prioritize then re-prioritize… then… re-prioritize again.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. The ability to talk and write with confidence, charisma and competence for a wide variety of audiences including management.
- Killer analytical and reporting abilities. You’ll need the capability to analyze data and in return, prepare timely reports on your findings.
- A mind for the details. Okay we know “detail-oriented” is on about every job description – but we really mean it!
- Agile in a fast-past environment. We move, and we move quickly. Thriving in an environment that never stops, is a must.
- Plays well with others. You will be working in a high-functioning team environment. We work together in order to win together.
- Works well in a time crunch. There will be multiple time sensitive requirements and you’ll need the ability to meet deliverable due dates.
- Fantastic problem solver. Your job is not only to find the problem, but more importantly, find the solution.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or 1+ years of applicable experience.
- Experience or knowledge with DMV regulations, dealership operations, or automotive titles. Compliance, project management, or process improvement experience is helpful but not required.
- Must be adaptable, show initiative and embrace special projects.
- Willingness to cross train and partner with lead on professional development.
- Any equivalent combination of training and/or experience that fulfill the requirements of the position will be considered.
Nice to Haves.
Excel, SQL, SharePoint, or Tableau experience preferred.
Anything Else? Absolutely.
DriveTime was awarded Top Companies to Work for in AZ by AZCentral.com for our great culture and one of the Best Places to Work in IT as awarded by PBJ. Essentially we offer a creative, transparent and fun environment since, well, we work here too. DriveTime was also voted the Fastest-Growing Private Companies by Inc 5000, and we aren’t slowing down anytime soon!
So What About the Perks? Perks matter.
- Medical, Dental and Vision. DriveTime pays a nice chunk of your premiums to keep the cost as low as possible for our employees.
- 16 days of PTO and 6 paid Holidays. Because who doesn’t love time off?
- Benefits like 401(k), company paid life insurance, short and long-term disability.
- Casual Dress. Come dressed in jeans (you’ll fit right in with the rest of us).
- Game Room. Gimme a break – no, not a Kit Kat ad but we do have a ping-pong table, pool table if you ever need a break in your day.
- Wellness Program and In-House Gym. We want our employees to be the best versions of themselves. That’s why we offer a Wellness Program that includes an in-house gym, B12 shots, teeth cleanings, biometric screenings and much more!
- Growth opportunities. DriveTime takes a lot of pride in promoting from within. We have spent the last 14 years growing our team members and taking them on the path to owning their careers!