Communications and Messaging Strategist
- Business Unit
- 1720 W Rio Salado Pkwy
- Postal Code
DriveTime needs a Communications and Messaging Strategist
Headquartered in Tempe, Arizona, DriveTime is the largest privately owned used car sales and finance company in the country. With more than 130 dealerships, 3 operations centers and 15 reconditioning centers across the nation, our 4,000+ employees are focused on getting the right customer in the right car, at the right terms. With over 25 years of industry experience, and our dedication to streamlining the purchase process, we're redefining what it means to buy and finance a used car.
As focused as we are on our customer, we take that same focus on finding the right talent for the right opportunities within our organization. Across the nation, from our home office and operations centers to our retail locations and reconditioning centers, we are looking for talented individuals like yourself to join our ever-growing team!
That’s nice, but what’s the job?
In short, as a Communications and Messaging Strategist you will help grow the Bridgecrest brand voice across customer-facing communication channels. You will write content, manage strategy and facilitate message testing to optimize our customer contact strategy. You will collaborate with product and analytics teams to create impactful communication plans and be an advocate for customer experience. You should be up to date on industry trends and be a go-to resource for emerging platforms, best practices and new tools.
In long, as a Senior Communications and Messaging Strategist you will:
- Cultivate the Bridgecrest brand voice across customer-facing communication channels, including:
- Interactive Voice Response [IVR] recordings
- Phone call talk offs
- Website content
- App store listings and other marketing collateral
- Email content
- Text messages
- Social media/online review responses
- Partner closely with analytics and product teams to facilitate message testing and assess potential pilots
- Create multiple variations of messaging to be used in A/B tests
- Work with analytics team to help identify customer experience KPIs and establish measurement plans for tracking success
- Assist in presenting test results to key stakeholders
- Document current strategy and identify potential optimizations
- Maintain single source of truth for communications
- Keep track of ongoing tests/pilots and incorporate winning variants into overall communications strategy
- Craft compelling content
- Tailor content to customer’s status throughout their relationship with Bridgecrest
- Partner with compliance team to understand and adhere to messaging regulations
- Modify communication approach based on platform or medium
- Edit and proofread as needed
- Administrate social media platforms
- Track and nurture customer’s perception of brand and customer sentiment across social media platforms and review sites
- Create and execute content calendar in conjunction with customer service team
- Help provide direction for design team as they create social media visual collateral
- Become an expert on the Bridgecrest customer in order to more effectively advocate for user experience
- Be the voice of the user when presenting content and contact strategy proposals to internal and external groups for feedback and approval
- Use qualitative and quantitative data and research to support decisions
- Lead user research initiatives, including (but not limited to) listening to user phone calls, reviewing online feedback, and interpreting A/B test results
So, what kind of folks are we looking for?
We’re looking for someone who has a diverse background in creating customer communication strategies and creating content. The Senior Communications and Messaging Strategist will need to be curious about and driven to understand all aspects of the customer journey at Bridgecrest. This position will be content-focused, but applicants should be prepared to be involved in the entirety of the customer experience. At Bridgecrest, we are guided by our customer’s voice and use it to make the right creative and strategic decisions.
- Enthusiasm for learning and seeking new opportunities within content creation, marketing and communications strategy. You understand how to tell a story, and love staying up-to-date on the latest communications trends.
- Make complex ideas easy to understand. You have the ability to translate complex ideas into simple, efficient and easily digestible messages.
- A mind for the details. You’re a writer, so this almost goes without saying, but strong attention to detail is a must.
- Ability to work independently. You can take on small to mid-size projects independently, but you’re also not afraid to ask for help when you need it.
- Receptive to constructive criticism and feedback. You can effectively solicit and receive feedback on your writing from a wide range of coworkers and peers (not stakeholders exclusively).
- Effective multi-tasker. You’ve got the ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects across different platforms simultaneously.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, a related field of study, or equivalent work experience
- 2-6 years’ experience preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to present
- Must enjoy writing
- Affinity for brand storytelling
- Understand how content and design/layout work together to convey an idea/story
- Have a knack for connecting with customers at each step throughout their journey
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
Nice to haves
- Experience in the financial services industry is a huge plus
- Has worked in Sprout Social or similar social media publishing tool
- Exposure to Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Has prior experience with project management programs like SmartSheets
- Exposure to Sonar, Twilio, BoldChat, Genesys, or similar communications programs
- Experience with A/B testing
- Experience working with development teams
Anything Else? Absolutely.
DriveTime was awarded Top Companies to Work for in AZ by AZCentral.com for our great culture and one of the Best Places to Work in IT as awarded by PBJ. Essentially we offer a creative, transparent and fun environment since, well, we work here too. DriveTime was also voted the Fastest-Growing Private Companies by Inc 5000, and we aren’t slowing down anytime soon!
So What About the Perks? Perks matter.
- Medical, Dental and Vision. DriveTime pays a nice chunk of your premiums to keep the cost as low as possible for our employees.
- 16 days of PTO and 6 paid Holidays. Because who doesn’t love time off?
- Benefits like 401(k), company paid life insurance, short and long-term disability.
- Casual Dress. Come dressed in jeans (you’ll fit right in with the rest of us).
- Game Room. Gimme a break – no, not a Kit Kat ad but we do have a ping-pong table, pool table and Virtual Reality if you ever need a break in your day.
- Wellness Program and In-House Gym. We want our employees to be the best versions of themselves. That’s why we offer a Wellness Program that includes an in-house gym, B12 shots, teeth cleanings, biometric screenings and much more!
- Growth opportunities. DriveTime takes a lot of pride in promoting from within. We have spent the last 14 years growing our team members and taking them on the path to owning their careers!