Claims Team Lead
- Business Unit
- 1720 W Rio Salado Pkwy
- Postal Code
DriveTime Needs an Insurance Claims Team Lead
Headquartered in Tempe, Arizona, DriveTime is the largest privately owned used car sales and finance company in the country. With more than 130 dealerships, 3 operations centers and 15 reconditioning centers across the nation, our 4,000+ employees are focused on getting the right customer in the right car, at the right terms. With over 25 years of industry experience, and our dedication to streamlining the purchase process, we're redefining what it means to buy and finance a used car.
As focused as we are on our customer, we take that same focus on finding the right talent for the right opportunities within our organization. All across the nation, from our Home Office and operations centers to our retail locations and reconditioning centers, we are looking for talented individuals like yourself to join our ever-growing team.
That’s Nice, But What’s the Job?
DriveTime is looking to hire a Team Lead to join the growing Corporate Insurance Claims team. The Team Lead will oversee a claim specialist and will assist in managing all aspects of the company’s Property and Casualty Insurance program, with primary responsibilities investigating, evaluating and providing strategic guidance on Auto Liability, General Liability and Auto Physical Damage claims. The Team Lead will manage and maintain DriveTime’s relationship with our Third Party Claims Administrator and outside counsel as well as DriveTime’s excess insurance carriers.
The Team Lead performs functions that include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Establishes standards and claim procedures for the Property and Casualty Insurance Program (includes Workers’ Compensation, Auto Liability, General Liability, Property Insurance and First Party Auto) in a continuous improvement environment.
- Assists in developing, managing and providing strategic guidance on all matters of the Property and Casualty Insurance program- including claims and litigation management, Auto and General liability claim investigations, tracking in DriveTime’s claim database, settlement review, appropriate reserving based on exposure, recommendations to loss control strategies, Third Party Claim Administrator and outside counsel oversite
- Collaborate with internal and external business partners to prevent accident frequency and severity
- Conduct regular claim reviews and audits of pending/closed files with Third Party Claim Administrator, outside counsel, Insurance Broker and internal business partners
- Ability to utilize data and articulate claim trends, developments and settlement recommendations to senior management
What you should know/have
- Minimum 2-3 years supervisory/team management experience
- Solid background with at least 5 years insurance and claims handling procedures – including experience adjusting or managing complex Bodily Injury claims, coverage issues and litigated files.
- Bachelor's degree
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to engage key stakeholders and staff to ensure the delivery of business objectives
- Ability communicate effectively and clearly, both orally and in writing
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills coupled with strong problem solving ability
- Proficiency with technology including: Claims Management Systems, MS Office (specifically Excel), Third Party Claims Administrators systems
Nice To Haves
- 5 years supervisory/team management experience
- Experience with Commercial Auto Insurance a plus but not a must (small business or company-owned vehicle)
- Experience managing claims in a Captive Insurance model
- Insurance Designation (CPCU, ARM, etc.)
Anything Else? Absolutely.
DriveTime was awarded Top Companies to Work for in AZ by AZCentral.com for our great culture and one of the Best Places to Work in IT as awarded by PBJ. Essentially we offer a creative, transparent and fun environment since, well, we work here too. DriveTime was also voted the Fastest-Growing Private Companies by Inc 5000, and we aren’t slowing down anytime soon!
So What About the Perks? Perks matter.
- Medical, Dental and Vision. DriveTime pays a nice chunk of your premiums to keep the cost as low as possible for our employees.
- 16 days of PTO and 6 paid Holidays. Because who doesn’t love time off?
- Benefits like 401(k), company paid life insurance, short and long-term disability.
- Casual Dress. Come dressed in jeans (you’ll fit right in with the rest of us).
- Game Room. Gimme a break – no, not a Kit Kat ad but we do have a ping-pong table, pool table and Virtual Reality if you ever need a break in your day.
- Wellness Program and In-House Gym. We want our employees to be the best versions of themselves. That’s why we offer a Wellness Program that includes an in-house gym, B12 shots, teeth cleanings, biometric screenings and much more!
- Growth opportunities. DriveTime takes a lot of pride in promoting from within. We have spent the last 14 years growing our team members and taking them on the path to owning their careers!