Headquartered in Tempe, Arizona, DriveTime is the largest privately owned used car sales and finance company in the country. With more than 130 dealerships, 3 operations centers and 15 reconditioning centers across the nation, our 4,000+ employees are focused on getting the right customer in the right car, at the right terms. With over 25 years of industry experience, and our dedication to streamlining the purchase process, we're redefining what it means to buy and finance a used car.
As focused as we are on our customer, we take that same focus on finding the right talent for the right opportunities within our organization. All across the nation, from our Home Office and operations centers to our retail locations and reconditioning centers, we are looking for talented individuals like yourself to join our ever-growing team!
That’s Nice, But What’s the Job?
In short, as a Cash Accountant you will reconcile store deposits and loan payments, monitor cash receipts and account for daily cash disbursement - all while working in a highly collaborative environment!
In long, the Cash Accountant is responsible for:
- Team reconciles daily store deposits ($9M monthly) received from our 138 auto dealerships
- Monitor aged cash receipts for assigned stores to ensure timely resolution
- Research credit card chargebacks taking the appropriate action
- Team reconciles loan payments ($182M monthly) received through CheckFree, MoneyGram, Western Union Quick Collect/Speedpay, Wells Fargo Lock Box and Auto/Bill Pay working with appropriate contact(s) to resolve any cash discrepancies
- Work with the purchasing and central titles group to validate bank draft presentments
- Assist in managing the team email answering cash inquires received from auto dealerships
- Account for daily cash disbursements for vehicle auction purchases working with the purchasing team and auction to resolve any discrepancies
- Reconcile cleared outstanding checks daily and work with our AP department to resolve discrepancies
- Verify and reconcile store postings to customer accounts to ensure cleared correctly
- Prepare monthly reconciliation for bank accounts and other assigned accounts working with business partners to obtain support for any reconciling items
- Provide support to internal and external auditors during quarterly and year-end reviews relating to financial statement audits, including preparation of supporting documentation
- Adhere to key controls as identified through SOX
- Handle special assignments, projects, and responsibilities as requested including, but not limited to, ad hoc analysis, reconciliations, audit requests and reports
So What Kind of Folks Are We Looking for?
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. The ability to talk and write with confidence, charisma and competence for a wide variety of audiences including management.
- A mind for the details. Okay we know "detail-oriented" is on about every job description - but we really mean it!
- Agile in a fast-paced environment. We move, and we move quickly. Thriving in an environment that never stops, is a must.
- Plays well with others. You will be working in a high-functioning team environment. We work together in order to win together.
- Intellectual curiosity. Why? What? How? Do you find yourself always wanting to learn more and broaden your knowledge base? If so, this could be the role for you.
- Bachelor’s degree or Associate’s degree in accounting or equivalent experience will also be considered (1-2 years) or relevant internship experience
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles
- Must possess the ability to perform duties independently
- Must reside near or around the greater Phoenix area in AZ
Anything Else? Absolutely.
DriveTime was awarded Top Companies to Work for in AZ by AZCentral.com for our great culture and one of the Best Places to Work in IT as awarded by PBJ. Essentially we offer a creative, transparent and fun environment since, well, we work here too. DriveTime was also voted the Fastest-Growing Private Companies by Inc 5000, and we aren’t slowing down anytime soon!
So What About the Perks? Perks matter.
- Medical, Dental and Vision. DriveTime pays a nice chunk of your premiums to keep the cost as low as possible for our employees.
- 16 days of PTO and 8 paid Holidays. Because who doesn’t love time off?
- Benefits like 401(k), company paid life insurance, short and long-term disability.
- Casual Dress. Come dressed in jeans (you’ll fit right in with the rest of us).
- Game Room. Gimme a break - no, not a Kit Kat ad but we do have a ping-pong table, pool table and Virtual Reality if you ever need a break in your day.
- Wellness Program and In-House Gym. We want our employees to be the best versions of themselves. That’s why we offer a Wellness Program that includes an in-house gym, B12 shots, teeth cleanings, biometric screenings and much more!
- Growth opportunities. DriveTime takes a lot of pride in promoting from within. We have spent the last 14 years growing our team members and taking them on the path to owning their careers!
And when it comes to hiring, we don't just look for the right person for the job, we seek out the right person for DriveTime. Buckle up for plenty of opportunities to grow in a professional, fun, and high-energy environment!
Job Reference #: R1665