Car Detailer - 1st Shift
That’s Nice, But What’s the Job?
In short, the Inventory Associate is responsible for tracking and monitoring the maintenance of DriveTime vehicles and making them look clean and neat!
In long, our Detail Associates are responsible for:
- Stock in vehicles when they arrive from auction.
- Prepare and move vehicles around the Reconditioning Center for distribution to retail.
- Detail vehicles - Wash and buff, minor paint touch-up, vacuum interior and clean any other additional surfaces.
- Using cleaning, protective, and restorative agents to maintain and enhance the appearance of vehicles.
- Perform inspections and keep complete, accurate records of the vehicle’s condition.
- Identifying and completing repairs effectively the first time, to minimize re-work and delays in production.
- Work in ways that decrease possibility of injury to yourself or other team members in the shop due to spills or other preventable hazardous conditions.
- Working with Reconditioning Center Management to repair or reject inventory based on estimated cost of repairs and/or the overall quality of the vehicle.
So What About the Perks? Perks matter.
- Earn and Learn. Through our Earn and Learn program, you hold the keys to your own development - and money in your pocket! Through this program, your hourly pay increases as you progress through our on-the-job training and certification.
- Medical, Dental and Vision. DriveTime pays a nice chunk of your premiums to keep the cost as low as possible for our employees.
- Sundays off. We’re closed to give our employees valued time with family and friends.
- Benefits like 401(k), company paid life insurance, short and long-term disability.
- No customers. You do, what you do best - fix cars and work as a team.
- Growth opportunities. DriveTime takes a lot of pride in promoting from within with over 1,000 employees promoted last year.
So, What’s in our Candidate Inspection?
- Top of the line communicator. Ability to talk and write with confidence, charisma and competence for a wide variety of audiences including management.
- ListenersNot Hearers Seek to understand, do not hear to reply.
- A mind for the details. Okay we know "detail-oriented" is on about every job description - but we really mean it!
- Plays well with others. You will be working in a high-functioning team environment. We work together in order to win together.
- Timely. Being "fashionably late" is great outside the job, but on the job you’ll need to adhere to regular and predictable attendance.
The Specifics - What do you need?
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Valid driver's license, and insurable DMV required.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
And when it comes to hiring, we don't just look for the right person for the job, we seek out the right person for DriveTime. Along the way, we provide plenty of opportunity to be creative and grow professionally in a fun, high-energy environment.
Hiring is contingent upon successful completion of our background and drug screening process. DriveTime is a drug-free, tobacco-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
And when it comes to hiring, we don't just look for the right person for the job, we seek out the right person for DriveTime. Buckle up for plenty of opportunities to grow in a professional, fun, and high-energy environment!