Business Systems Analyst
- Information Technology
- Business Unit
- 1720 W Rio Salado Pkwy
- Postal Code
DriveTime Needs an Business Systems Analyst
Headquartered in Tempe, Arizona, DriveTime is the largest privately owned used car sales and finance company in the country (yes, we are THAT good)! With more than 130 dealerships, 3 operations centers, and 15 reconditioning centers across the nation, our 4,000+ employees are focused on getting the right customer in the right car, at the right terms. With over 25 years of industry experience and our dedication to streamlining the purchase process, we're redefining what it means to buy and finance a used car.
As focused as we are on our customers, we take that same focus on finding the right talent for the right opportunities within our organization. All across the nation, from our Home Office and operations centers to our retail locations and reconditioning centers, we are looking for talented individuals like yourself to join our ever-growing team.
That’s Nice, But What’s the Job?
In short, as a Business Systems Analyst, you are to work alongside experienced application developers, business analysts, database developers, product managers and IT executives tackling challenges using the latest technology and techniques in agile development, design, business intelligence and project management. to drive several exciting initiatives, help solve problems, no matter how big or small, work on business-critical projects built around cutting-edge technologies, and convey strategy and accuracy to our top level decision makers.
In long, as a Business Systems Analyst, you are responsible driving the daily decisions involved in supporting and improving our corporate applications. You will be an important part of a team of cross-functional problem solvers working between IT and the business across a wide range of issues. You’ll provide advanced application support to keep the business moving through technical hiccups, while seeking out inefficiencies, bugs, and defects in our apps and business processes in order to design and advocate for long term solutions. You’ll work closely with business users to understand how they work and discover new ways to improve our applications and business processes. Working with leaders at the highest levels of our organization, your decisions will drive changes to how our business fundamentally operates.
So What Kind of Folks Are We Looking for?
We’re seeking an analytically adept professional with a track record of high performance. Our culture rewards ambitious people who thrive in an environment of autonomy and frequent change.
- Organization and time management skills in spades. You’ll be handling multiple projects and deadlines that will require you to prioritize then re-prioritize… then… re-prioritize again.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills - the ability to talk and write with confidence, charisma and competence for a wide variety of audiences.
- Killer analytical and reporting abilities. You’ll need the capability to analyze financial data and in return, prepare timely reports on your findings.
- Detail-oriented. Okay we know it’s on about every job description – but we really mean it!
- Team Orientation. You appropriately include others in decision making. You genuinely care about co-workers’ wellbeing and input and are interested in developing collaborative working relationships characterized by trust and mutual respect.
- Decisiveness. You’re able to make timely, informed decisions that take into account facts, goals, constraints, and risks.
- Outcome Orientation. You understand the “whys” behind tasks, and are able to achieve complex goals with a high level of autonomy.
- 1-3 years of experience in a fast-paced, technology-driven environment
- Strong technical support background preferred.
- 2-year or 4-year degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other analytical disciplines, preferred.
- 1+ years experience working with T-SQL
Like to Have
- Working knowledge of APIs, Splunk, Microsoft PowerApps/PowerBI, AS/400, iSeries
- Experience working in an agile software development environment
Anything Else? Absolutely.
DriveTime was awarded Top Companies to Work for in AZ by AZCentral.com for our great culture and one of the Best Places to Work in IT as awarded by PBJ. Essentially we offer a creative, transparent, and fun environment since, well, we work here too. DriveTime was also voted the Fastest-Growing Private Companies by Inc 5000, and we aren’t slowing down anytime soon!
So What About the Perks? Perks matter.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision. DriveTime pays a nice chunk of your premiums to keep the cost as low as possible for our employees.
- 16 days of PTO and 6 paid Holidays. Because who doesn’t love time off?
- Benefits like 401(k), company-paid life insurance, short and long-term disability.
- Casual Dress. Come dressed in jeans (you’ll fit right in with the rest of us).
- Game Room. Gimme a break – no, not a Kit Kat ad but we do have a ping-pong table, and a pool table if you ever need a break in your day.
- Wellness Program and In-House Gym. We want our employees to be the best versions of themselves. That’s why we offer a Wellness Program that includes an in-house gym, B12 shots, teeth cleanings, biometric screenings, and much more!
- Growth opportunities. DriveTime takes a lot of pride in promoting from within. We have spent the last 14 years growing our team members and taking them on the path to owning their careers!