Business Intelligence Assistant Director (REMOTE)
In short, as a Business Intelligence Assistant Director, you will drive several exciting initiatives, help solve problems, no matter how big or small, work on business-critical projects built around cutting-edge technologies, convey strategy and accuracy to our top-level decision-makers, and build next level leaders. We believe that our competitive advantage is based on accurate, reliable, and well-architected data.?We have a large multi-company environment with many online transactional systems (on-premises, cloud-hosted, etc.)?creating vast amounts of data used to make strategic decisions. ?
In long, as our Business Intelligence Assistant Director, you are responsible to:
- Understand, support, and follow the Corporate Vision, Mission & Values Statements
- Build next level leaders - Lead a team of direct reports through employee development, performance reviews and counseling
- Execute tactical and technical strategy
- Track progress, assess risks, coordinate delivery, and actively communicate contingency and mitigation plans for the team.
- Participate with the business to identify the most impactful opportunities and guide prioritization of initiatives
- Collaborate and find simplified approaches to business complexities
- Architect and model data structures to fulfill the technical needs of our business vision.
- Migrate on-premises SQL Server data sets to Snowflake
- Monitor Snowflake environment for cost and usage and suggest efficiencies
- Assist Data Science Teams in building performant models on Snowflake
- Solve problems, complete trade-off analysis, and makes decisions to keep deliverables on track with business expectations
- Work cross-functionally with other teams such as Architects, DevOps, and Software engineering to make sure objectives are met, opinions are considered, and plans communicated.
Our Technology Stack
- SQL Server 2016-2019
- Self Service - At Scale, SQL Server Analysis Services 2016-2019 (SSAS Multi-Dimensional and Tabular)
- Data Load -Kafka, Stitch, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Informatica
- Tableau, Excel, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Azure (SQL Database, Cosmos, Mongo, Analysis Services)
- Red-Gate Developer Bundle
- Python & R
So, What Kind of Folks Are We Looking for?
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to talk and write with confidence, charisma, and competence for a wide variety of audiences including management.
- A mind for the details. Okay, we know "detail-oriented" is on about every job description - but we really mean it!
- Agile in a fast-paced environment.
- We move, and we move quickly. Thriving in an environment that never stops, is a must.
- Plays well with others. You will be working in a high-functioning team environment.
- We work together to win together.
- Rebel with a cause. You are always looking beyond the obvious for continuous improvement.
- Entrepreneurial spirit. An attitude and approach to thinking that actively seeks out change.
- You will need a mindset that embraces critical questioning, innovation, and continuous improvement.
- Strategic thinker. We are looking for an individual that takes an insightful, future-oriented, open-minded, and proactive approach to think.
An ideal candidate has most of these skills:
- 1+ years of experience developing in Big Data platforms
- 1+ years of experience managing a team
- Snowflake, Amazon Redshift, Google Big Query, including data ingestion, JSON parsing and real-time streaming solutions.
- 5+ years of experience developing MS SQL Server solutions, Azure SQL, or other relational databases.
- 3+ years of experience with a data movement tool such as SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Hadoop, Kafka or Informatica.
- Experience with Streaming technologies like Kafka or Azure.
- Experience in Python or JAVA.
- Experience in Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) - multi-dimensional and/or tabular.
- Experience with Tableau, Microsoft Reporting Services (SSRS), or Excel. Experience with agile development (Scrum, Kanban).
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science or related field.
- Ability to take ownership and facilitate consensus among a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Must be willing to collaborate and problem solve in an open team environment. Flexible and adaptable regarding learning and understanding new technologies.
- Highly self-motivated and directed
And when it comes to hiring, we don't just look for the right person for the job, we seek out the right person for DriveTime. Buckle up for plenty of opportunities to grow in a professional, fun, and high-energy environment!