Headquartered in Tempe, Arizona, we have more than 120+ dealerships, 3 operations centers and 15 reconditioning centers across the nation. Our 4,000+ employees are focused on getting the right customer in the right car, at the right terms.
With over 25 years of industry experience and our dedication to streamlining the purchase process, we're redefining what it means to buy and finance a used car.
That’s Nice, But What’s the Job?
In short, the Automotive Technician includes bumper-to-bumper repairs and part replacements, primarily light to medium mechanical repairs. The great part, no customers, ever - just you doing what you do best! Fixing Cars!
In long, our Auto Technicians are responsible for:
- Mechanically inspect vehicles for safety and drivability while documenting findings into our inventory management system.
- Work with Reconditioning Center Management to repair or reject inventory based on estimated cost of repairs and/or the overall quality of the vehicle.
- Test drive repaired vehicles to ensure that the problem has been completely fixed.
- Must be proficient in the cooling, braking, charging, steering/suspension, AC and electrical system components.
- Identify and complete repairs effectively the first time, to minimize re-work and delays in production.
- Work in ways that decrease the possibility of injury to yourself or other team members in the shop due to spills or other preventable hazardous conditions.
So What About the Perks? Perks matter.
- Competitive Pay Rate. (No Flat Rate!)
- Medical, Dental and Vision. For qualifying employees, DriveTime will pay the entire premium!
- Consistent Work Schedule with a Great Work/Life Balance. We’re closed Sunday's to give our employees valued time with family and friends.
- Full Benefits. 401(k), company paid life insurance, short and long-term disability.
- No customers. You do, what you do best - fix cars and work as a team.
- Growth opportunities. DriveTime takes a lot of pride in promoting from within with over 1,000 employees promoted last year.
What Kind of Folks Are We Looking for?
- Industry Experience. Minimum of 5 years on the job experience performing medium to heavy line work. (Brakes, Engine, Steering/Suspension, Cooling, A/C, Electrical). *ASE certified a plus, but not required.
- Plays well with others. You will be working in a high-functioning team environment. We work together to win together.
- Timely. Being "fashionably late" is great outside the job, but on the job you’ll need to adhere to regular and predictable attendance.
- A mind for the details. Okay we know "detail-oriented" is on about every job description - but we really mean it!
The Specifics - What do you need?
- High School Diploma or GED required. ASE certificates a plus.
- Valid driver's license and a good driving record.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- This role typically requires a minimum of 5 years of experience and the ability to work on all makes and models (Domestic, European and Asian brands).
Anything Else? Absolutely.
DriveTime was also voted the Fastest-Growing Private Companies by Inc 5000, and we aren’t slowing down anytime soon!
And when it comes to hiring, we don't just look for the right person for the job, we seek out the right person for DriveTime. Along the way, we provide plenty of opportunity to be creative and grow professionally in a fun, high-energy environment.
Hiring is contingent upon successful completion of our background and drug screening process. DriveTime is a drug-free, tobacco-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
And when it comes to hiring, we don't just look for the right person for the job, we seek out the right person for DriveTime. Buckle up for plenty of opportunities to grow in a professional, fun, and high-energy environment!