Automotive Technician II
That’s Nice, But What’s the Job?
In short, the Automotive Technician includes bumper-to-bumper inspections, repairs and part replacements, primarily light to medium mechanical repairs. In long, our Auto Technicians are responsible for:
- Mechanically inspecting vehicles for safety and drivability while documenting findings into our inventory management system.
- Working with Reconditioning Center Management to repair or reject inventory based on estimated cost of repairs and/or the overall quality of the vehicle.
- Test driving repaired vehicles to ensure that the problem has been completely fixed.
- Must be proficient in the Cooling, braking, charging, steering/suspension, AC and electrical system components.
So What About the Perks? Perks matter.
- Competitive Pay Rate. (No Flat Rate!)
- Medical, Dental and Vision. DriveTime pays a nice chunk of your premiums to keep the cost as low as possible for our employees.
- Consistent Work Schedule with a Great Work/Life Balance. We’re closed Sundays to give our employees valued time with family and friends.
- Full Benefits. 401(k), company paid life insurance, short and long-term disability.
- No customers. You do, what you do best - fix cars and work as a team.
- Growth opportunities. DriveTime takes a lot of pride in promoting from within with over 1,000 employees promoted last year.
And when it comes to hiring, we don't just look for the right person for the job, we seek out the right person for DriveTime. Buckle up for plenty of opportunities to grow in a professional, fun, and high-energy environment!