Automotive Technician I
Headquartered in Tempe, Arizona, DriveTime is the largest privately owned used car sales and finance company in the country. With more than 120 dealerships, 3 operations centers and 15 reconditioning centers across the nation, our 4,000+ employees are focused on getting the right customer in the right car, at the right terms. With over 25 years of industry experience, and our dedication to streamlining the purchase process, we're redefining what it means to buy and finance a used car.
That’s Nice, But What’s the Job?
In short, the Automotive Technician includes general service maintenance and pre-delivery inspections, primarily light mechanical repairs. The great part, no customers, ever - just you doing what you do best! Fixing Cars!
In long, our Auto Techs are responsible for:
- Working with Reconditioning Center Management to review and inspect inventory based on estimated cost of repairs and/or the overall quality of the vehicle.
- Completing the initial pre-delivery inspection and identifying and completing repairs effectively the first time, to minimize re-work and delays in production.
- Must be proficient with fluid checks, GPS installation, brake and tire repair, and frame damage inspection.
- Work in ways that decrease possibility of injury to yourself or other team members in the shop due to spills or other preventable hazardous conditions.
So, What’s in our Candidate Inspection?
- Top of the "Line" communicator. Ability to talk and write with confidence, charisma and competence for a wide variety of audiences including management.
- ListenersNot Hearers Seek to understand, do not hear to reply.
- A mind for the details. Okay we know "detail-oriented" is on about every job description - but we really mean it!
- Plays well with others. You will be working in a high-functioning team environment. We work together in order to win together.
- Being "fashionably late" is great outside the job, but on the job you’ll need to adhere to regular and predictable attendance.
And when it comes to hiring, we don't just look for the right person for the job, we seek out the right person for DriveTime. Buckle up for plenty of opportunities to grow in a professional, fun, and high-energy environment!