Automotive Technician - 1st Shift
- Automotive Technician
- Business Unit
- Reconditioning Center
- 9121 Cherry Ave
- Postal Code
What’s under the hood:
DriveTime is the largest privately owned used car sales and finance company in the country. Headquartered in Tempe, Arizona, we have more than 120+ dealerships, 3 operations centers and 15 reconditioning centers across the nation. Our 4,000+ employees are focused on getting the right customer in the right car, at the right terms. With over 25 years of industry experience and our dedication to streamlining the purchase process, we're redefining what it means to buy and finance a used car.
That’s Nice, But What’s the Job?
In short, the Automotive Technician includes bumper-to-bumper inspections, repairs and part replacements, primarily light to medium mechanical repairs.
In long, our Auto Technicians are responsible for:
- Mechanically inspecting vehicles for safety and drivability while documenting findings into our inventory management system.
- Working with Reconditioning Center Management to repair or reject inventory based on estimated cost of repairs and/or the overall quality of the vehicle.
- Test driving repaired vehicles to ensure that the problem has been completely fixed.
- Must be proficient in the Cooling, braking, charging, steering/suspension, AC and electrical system Components.
So What About the Perks? Perks matter.
- Competitive Pay Rate (No Flat Rate!)
- Consistent Work Schedule with a Great Work/Life Balance
- Great PTO Allowance
- Full Benefits Package
- Growth opportunities
So What Kind of Folks Are We Looking for?
- Industry Experience. Minimum of 3 years on the job experience performing light to medium line work. (Brakes, Engine, Steering/Suspension, Cooling, A/C, Electrical). *ASE certified a plus, but not required.
- Plays well with others. You will be working in a high-functioning team environment. We work together to win together.
- Timely. Being “fashionably late” is great outside the job, but on the job you’ll need to adhere to regular and predictable attendance.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Valid driver's license and a good driving record.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
And when it comes to hiring, we don't just look for the right person for the job, we seek out the right person for DriveTime. Along the way, we provide plenty of opportunity to be creative and grow professionally in a fun, high-energy environment.
Hiring is contingent upon successful completion of our background and drug screening process. DriveTime is a drug-free, tobacco-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.