- Automotive Technician
- Business Unit
- Inspection Center
- 7211 McKnight Rd
- Postal Code
DriveTime needs YOU, a Mechanical Genius:
What’s under the hood:
Headquartered in Tempe, Arizona, DriveTime is the largest privately owned used car sales and finance company in the country (yes, we are THAT good)! With more than 130 dealerships, 3 operations centers and 20 reconditioning centers across the nation, our 5,000+ employees are focused on getting the right customer in the right car, at the right terms. With over 25 years of industry experience, and our dedication to streamlining the purchase process, we're redefining what it means to buy and finance a used car.
As focused as we are on our customer, we take that same focus on finding the right talent for the right opportunities within our organization. All across the nation, from our Home Office and operations centers to our retail locations and reconditioning centers, we are looking for talented individuals like yourself to join our ever-growing team!
The role of an Automotive Technician (T1) includes completing multi-point inspections including brakes and tires, controls and features, frame damage, fluids and leaks as well as installing GPS devices. This position typically requires completion of automotive trade school (no experience necessary) if no trade school, then a minimum of 6-12 months experience performing basic automotive service, working in a tire center, or as a quick lube tech, etc.. This position prepares for a career path into an Automotive Technician (T2) role.
All job responsibilities listed are essential to the satisfactory performance of this position by any/all incumbents, with reasonable accommodation, if necessary. Any non-essential functions are assumed to be included in “Other related duties as assigned”.
What You Can Expect From Us
When it comes to hiring, we do not just look for the right person for the job, we seek out the right person for DriveTime. Along the way, we provide plenty of career-opportunities, encourage creativity, and professional growth in a fun, high-energy environment. Opportunity does not stop at being the best mechanic you can be at DriveTime, we offer opportunities in paint-less dent repair, paint and body repair, interior repair, windshield repair, plastic repair and much more. The best part is that experience is not required. We will provide all of the necessary training and resources to career path strong candidates.
- Compensation – Competitive pay on an hourly basis. No flat-rate here!
- Benefits – Outstanding medical, dental and vision plans (after 30 days), 401K match, tuition reimbursement and paid time off.
- Schedule – Our normal operating hours are Monday-Friday 6am-2:30pm with the occasional Saturday or overtime throughout the week. We are always off on Sundays and we are closed on major holidays. We work hard and play hard, so you can expect to have work life balance with DriveTime.
- Future – We are a unique, highly respected, nationwide company with a strong culture of promoting from within. This isn’t a job…it’s a career!
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Vocational/Technical degree or professional experience equivalent.
- Automotive repair experience required.
- ASE certifications strongly preferred.
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- Attention to detail is required as well as the ability to interact with customers, managers and coworkers in a professional, courteous manner.
- Valid driver's license, and insurable DMV required.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Any equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience that fulfills the requirements of the position will be considered.
And when it comes to hiring, we don't just look for the right person for the job, we seek out the right person for DriveTime. Along the way, we provide plenty of opportunity to be creative and grow professionally in a fun, high-energy environment.
Hiring is contingent upon successful completion of our background and drug screening process. DriveTime is a tobacco-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.