Automotive Detail Team Lead
That’s Nice, But What Does a Team Lead do?
In short, as a Team Lead, you will supervise and motivate a team of detailers by reviewing their reconditioning repair work completed on inventory vehicles in preparation for delivery to dealerships. Our reconditioning process includes identification of mechanical and cosmetic problems, and completion of repairs to correct identified problems. In long, the Team Lead will:
- Manage the movement of cars into and out of the Reconditioning Center safely for repairs, while meeting or exceeding set production and quality goals.
- Review and identify mechanical and/or cosmetic defects of incoming inventory.
- Mentor and train a team of detailers to complete tasks effectively, minimizing re-checks and delays in production.
- Meet or exceed inventory production goals on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
- Participate in both Inspection and Repair procedures to maximize efficiencies and decision-making processes.
- Work in ways to decrease the possibility of injury to yourself or other team members in the shop due to spills or other preventable hazardous conditions.
- Portraying a positive image of DriveTime and actively participate in the creation of a positive, professional work environment.
So What About the Perks? Perks matter.
- Medical, Dental and Vision. DriveTime pays a nice chunk of your premiums to keep the cost as low as possible for our employees.
- Consistent Work Schedule with a Great Work/Life Balance. We’re closed Sunday's to give our employees valued time with family and friends.
- Full Benefits. 401(k), company paid life insurance, short and long-term disability.
- No customers. You do, what you do best - fix cars and work as a team.
- Growth opportunities. DriveTime takes a lot of pride in promoting from within with over 1,000 employees promoted last year.
So What Kind of Folks Are We Looking for?
- Top of the "Line" communicator. Ability to talk and write with confidence, charisma, and competence for a wide variety of audiences including management.
- Master of managing. Effectively manage and work with all levels of employees and customers.
- Takes a hold of the wheel. You’ll need to take the initiative and be comfortable doing so.
- Quality decision-maker. Good decisions are made based on knowledge. We’ll need you to gather all the facts and consider them all when making decisions.
- Listeners. Not Hearers. Someone that seeks to understand not hears to reply.
- A mind for the details. Okay we know "detail-oriented" is on about every job description - but we really mean it!
- Plays well with others. You will be working in a high-functioning team environment. We work together to win together.
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Trade school or ASE’s are nice to have as well.
- 2+ years managing a minimum of 15 employees or more (Supply chain management preferred).
- A minimum of 5 years’ automotive experience.
- Valid driver's license and a good driving record.
Anything Else? Absolutely. And when it comes to hiring, we don't just look for the right person for the job, we seek out the right person for DriveTime. Along the way, we provide plenty of opportunity to be creative and grow professionally in a fun, high-energy environment.
Hiring is contingent upon successful completion of our background and drug screening process. DriveTime is a drug-free, tobacco-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
And when it comes to hiring, we don't just look for the right person for the job, we seek out the right person for DriveTime. Buckle up for plenty of opportunities to grow in a professional, fun, and high-energy environment!