Assistant General Manager
- Retail Leadership
- Business Unit
- 3737 Ming Ave
- Postal Code
DriveTime needs an Assistant General Manager in Bakersfield:
What’s under the hood:
Headquartered in Tempe, Arizona, DriveTime is the largest privately owned used car sales and finance company in the country (yes, we are THAT good)! With more than 120+ dealerships, 3 operations centers and 15 reconditioning centers across the nation, our 4,000+ employees are focused on getting the right customer in the right car, at the right terms. With over 25 years of industry experience and our dedication to streamlining the purchase process, we're redefining what it means to buy and finance a used car.
That’s Nice, But What’s the Job?
In short, you will assist the General Manager in creating and fostering an environment where we exist to improve the lives of our employees and customers. The Assistant General Manager is an integral part of the sales team and assists in leading all facets of the employee experience, the customer experience and dealership operations.
In long, you will:
- Conducts team meetings to set daily direction, motivation and collaboration to achieve targets correctly
- Maintains a high level of awareness to assist customers and team members as needed
- Train and develop employees to advance through a career path
- Executes company initiatives and expectations, while coaching employees to understand the “why” behind what we do and gain overall buy in
- Collaborate with the General Manager to identify areas of opportunity within the dealership and discuss effective strategies
- Takes ownership of General Managers responsibilities when necessary
So What About the Perks? Perks matter.
- Bonus Potential. This position offers an opportunity to earn extra money in your pocket!
- Medical, Dental and Vision. DriveTime pays a nice chunk of your premiums to keep the cost as low as possible for our employees.
- Tuition Reimbursement. We encourage growth and development, not only in your career with us but also your formal education.
- 16 days of PTO and 6 paid Holidays. Because who doesn’t love time off? This also increases with tenure.
- Benefits like 401(k), company paid life insurance, short and long-term disability.
- Wellness Program. We want our employees to be the best versions of themselves. That’s why we offer a Wellness Program that includes B12 shots, teeth cleanings, biometric screenings and much more!
- Growth opportunities. DriveTime takes a lot of pride in promoting from within. Over 80% of our current leadership has developed internally.
So What Kind of Folks Are We Looking for?
- Master of managing. Effectively manage and work with all levels of employees and customers.
- Takes a hold of the wheel. You’ll need to take the initiative and be comfortable doing so.
- Quality decision maker. Good decisions are made based on knowledge. We’ll need you to gather all the facts and take them all into consideration when making decisions.
- Top of the “Line” communicator. Ability to talk and write with confidence, charisma and competence for a wide variety of audiences including management.
- Critical thinker. We need folks that don’t simply accept all arguments and conclusions but rather have an attitude involving questioning arguments and conclusions.
- Listeners…Not Hearers Seek to understand, do not hear to reply.
- A mind for the details. Okay we know “detail-oriented” is on about every job description – but we really mean it!
- Level headed. You’ll need the ability to maintain personal composure when confronted with a difficult situation.
- Plays well with others. You will be working in a high-functioning team environment. We work together in order to win together.
- High School diploma is required; Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- 5-15 years of sales and/or customer service experience
- Some leadership experience required, preferably as a Retail Manager or Store Manager
- Valid driver's license with a decent driving record the previous 3 years
- Ability to pass a drug test and a background check
And when it comes to hiring, we don't just look for the right person for the job, we seek out the right person for DriveTime. Along the way, we provide plenty of opportunity to be creative and grow professionally in a fun, high-energy environment.
Hiring is contingent upon successful completion of our background and drug screening process. DriveTime is a drug-free, tobacco-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.