Assistant Director, Strategic Risk Analytics
- Business Unit
- 1720 W Rio Salado Pkwy
- Postal Code
DriveTime Needs an Assistant Director, Strategic Risk Analytics
Headquartered in Tempe, Arizona, DriveTime is the largest privately owned used car sales and finance company in the country (yes, we are THAT good)! With more than 130 dealerships, 3 operations centers and 15 reconditioning centers across the nation, our 4,000+ employees are focused on getting the right customer in the right car, at the right terms. With over 25 years of industry experience, and our dedication to streamlining the purchase process, we're redefining what it means to buy and finance a used car.
As focused as we are on our customer, we take that same focus on finding the right talent for the right opportunities within our organization. All across the nation, from our Home Office and operations centers to our retail locations and reconditioning centers, we are looking for talented individuals like yourself to join our ever-growing team!
That’s Nice, But What’s the Job?
In short, as the Assistant Director of Strategic Risk Analytics you will be responsible for leveraging analysis to design and lead strategies that maximize profitability through optimized loan pricing. We are looking for a well-rounded, highly analytical leader to drive key initiatives from inception to execution by applying strategic, economic and analytical skills and partnering with analyst, technology, and operations teams across the enterprise.
In long, the Assistant Director of Strategic Risk Analytics is responsible for:
- Performing rigorous analysis to identify pricing opportunities that maximize sales, loan performance, and profitability
- Using current and new technologies to enhance financial modeling
- Frequently presenting strategy recommendations to senior executives to secure organizational support for mission-critical initiatives.
- Partnering closely with colleagues across DriveTime including Retail, Supply Chain, Marketing, Data Science, Informational Technology, Finance, and other departments to implement effective cross-functional solutions.
- Independently drive advanced quantitative analysis techniques to assess credit risk exposure and identify opportunities to increase growth and profitability.
- Managing, developing, and leading a team of highly-talented analysts. Coaching and mentoring associates with a goal of developing, growing, and retaining DriveTime talent.
So What Kind of Folks Are We Looking for?
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. The ability to talk and write with confidence, charisma and competence for a wide variety of audiences including management.
- Management material. We are looking for someone that can lead, manage and grow within our organization.
- Rebel with a cause. You are always looking beyond the obvious for continuous improvement.
- Passionate and goal-oriented. We are looking for someone that is enthusiastic about their work and is passionate about not only meeting their goals but exceeding them.
- Entrepreneurial spirit. An attitude and approach to thinking that actively seeks out change. You’ll need a mindset that embraces critical questioning, innovation and continuous improvement.
- Strategic thinker. We are looking for an individual that takes an insightful, future oriented, open-minded and proactive approach to thinking.
- Operate autonomously. This isn’t a “hold your hand” kind of role. We give you autonomy to be creative in your space and do your thing. We need an individual that is self-motivated to get the work done and get the work done well.
- Bachelor or master’s degree in a quantitative field such as economics, finance, statistics, engineering, or related hard science discipline.
- 5+ years of analytics experience in financial services industry.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills, collaborative teamwork, intellectual horsepower, curiosity, initiative, and attention to detail.
- Extensive experience using analysis to drive strategy, with consumer credit risk management experience being a plus.
- Extensive experience performing data analysis and summarizing findings in executive-level presentations.
- Ability to simplify complexity and communicate statistical and analytical concepts and findings to executive, operational, and technical audiences with appropriate levels of detail and emphasis.
- Experienced project manager able to lead multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Experienced mentor and leader
- Strong understanding of data sources/warehouses, data mining and data analysis techniques preferably in SQL, R, Java, or Python programming languages.
Anything Else? Absolutely.
DriveTime was awarded Top Companies to Work for in AZ by AZCentral.com for our great culture and one of the Best Places to Work in IT as awarded by PBJ. Essentially we offer a creative, transparent and fun environment since, well, we work here too. DriveTime was also voted the Fastest-Growing Private Companies by Inc 5000, and we aren’t slowing down anytime soon!
So What About the Perks? Perks matter.
- Medical, Dental and Vision. DriveTime pays a nice chunk of your premiums to keep the cost as low as possible for our employees.
- 16 days of PTO and 6 paid Holidays. Because who doesn’t love time off?
- Benefits like 401(k), company paid life insurance, short and long-term disability.
- Casual Dress. Come dressed in jeans (you’ll fit right in with the rest of us).
- Game Room. Gimme a break – no, not a Kit Kat ad but we do have a ping-pong table, pool table and Virtual Reality if you ever need a break in your day.
- Wellness Program and In-House Gym. We want our employees to be the best versions of themselves. That’s why we offer a Wellness Program that includes an in-house gym, B12 shots, teeth cleanings, biometric screenings and much more!
- Growth opportunities. DriveTime takes a lot of pride in promoting from within. We have spent the last 14 years growing our team members and taking them on the path to owning their careers!