Assistant Director of Analytics
- Business Unit
- 1720 W Rio Salado Pkwy
- Postal Code
DriveTime Needs an Assistant Director of Analytics
Headquartered in Tempe, Arizona, DriveTime is the largest privately owned used car sales and finance company in the country (yes, we are THAT good)! With more than 130 dealerships, 3 operations centers and 20 reconditioning centers across the nation, our 5,000+ employees are focused on getting the right customer in the right car, at the right terms. With over 25 years of industry experience, and our dedication to streamlining the purchase process, we're redefining what it means to buy and finance a used car.
As focused as we are on our customer, we take that same focus on finding the right talent for the right opportunities within our organization. All across the nation, from our Home Office and operations centers to our retail locations and reconditioning centers, we are looking for talented individuals like yourself to join our ever-growing team!
That’s Nice, But What’s the Job?
In short, as the Assistant Director of Analytics, you will establish analytics strategies, resource plans, and direct supervision to ensure department and team strategies are established and executed timely. In addition, this role requires management and oversight of budgets, plan prioritization, escalations, and reporting for department, teams, and practices stakeholders.
In long, the Assistant Director of Analytics is responsible for:
- Partners with the business and Information Technology to identify future needs within data reporting, analytics and complex projects this includes retirement of reports and promotion of self service capabilities.
- A strategic partner and subject matter expert in consulting and advising business partners on ad hoc or undefined matters related to business analytics and decision support solutions.
- Identifies and pursues opportunities to utilize advanced data delivery and business solutions techniques to optimize their contribution to resolving business issues.
- Interacts across key enterprise stakeholders to deliver and increase efficiency and effectiveness of the reporting needs.
- Ensures teams maintain understanding of business processes, supporting data and applications and strategic direction.
- Directs quality work efforts, team assignments and problem resolution.
- Provides consulting to define the problem, provides insights into what happened and when, and suggests alternative performance metrics.
- Fosters proactive communication between business/enterprise processes and analytics team to improve delivery, value and integration of analytics into business/enterprise processes.
So What Kind of Folks Are We Looking for?
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. The ability to talk and write with confidence, charisma and competence for a wide variety of audiences including management.
- Killer analytical and reporting abilities. You’ll need the capability to analyze data and in return, prepare timely reports on your findings.
- A mind for the details. Okay we know “detail-oriented” is on about every job description – but we really mean it!
- Agile in a fast-paced environment. We move, and we move quickly. Thriving in an environment that never stops, is a must.
- Plays well with others. You will be working in a high-functioning team environment. We work together in order to win together.
- Intellectual curiosity. Why? What? How? Do you find yourself always wanting to learn more and broaden your knowledge base? If so, this could be the role for you.
- Entrepreneurial spirit. An attitude and approach to thinking that actively seeks out change. You’ll need a mindset that embraces critical questioning, innovation and continuous improvement.
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field
- 4+ years of progressive related experience required.
- 1+ years of direct team lead or management experience required.
Anything Else? Absolutely.
DriveTime was awarded Top Companies to Work for in AZ by AZCentral.com for our great culture and one of the Best Places to Work in IT as awarded by PBJ. Essentially we offer a creative, transparent and fun environment since, well, we work here too. DriveTime was also voted the Fastest-Growing Private Companies by Inc 5000, and we aren’t slowing down anytime soon!
So What About the Perks? Perks matter.
- Medical, Dental and Vision. DriveTime pays a nice chunk of your premiums to keep the cost as low as possible for our employees.
- 16 days of PTO and 6 paid Holidays. Because who doesn’t love time off?
- Benefits like 401(k), company paid life insurance, short and long-term disability.
- Casual Dress. Come dressed in jeans (you’ll fit right in with the rest of us).
- Game Room. Gimme a break – no, not a Kit Kat ad but we do have a ping-pong table, pool table and Virtual Reality if you ever need a break in your day.
- Wellness Program and In-House Gym. We want our employees to be the best versions of themselves. That’s why we offer a Wellness Program that includes an in-house gym, B12 shots, teeth cleanings, biometric screenings and much more!
- Growth opportunities. DriveTime takes a lot of pride in promoting from within. We have spent the last 14 years growing our team members and taking them on the path to owning their careers!