Assistant Director, Loss Mitigation Strategy & Analytics
DriveTime Needs an Assistant Director, Loss Mitigation
Headquartered in Tempe, Arizona, DriveTime is the largest privately owned used car sales and finance company in the country! With more than 130 dealerships, 3 operations centers and 15 reconditioning centers across the nation, our 4,000+ employees are focused on getting the right customer in the right car, at the right terms. With over 25 years of industry experience, and our dedication to streamlining the purchase process, we're redefining what it means to buy and finance a used car.
At DriveTime, we do more than just sell used cars, we also finance them through our very own company Bridgecrest. Bridgecrest is one of the country’s leading financial services providers that services more than $15 billion in finance receivables for DriveTime and other third parties. We service auto loans across a wide credit spectrum with the intent of creating a strong path to vehicle ownership for its customers.
That’s Nice, But What’s the Job?
In short, as an Assistant Director of Loss Mitigation you will work for Bridgecrest to identify, quantify and validate operating and strategic initiatives for loss mitigation.
In long, our Assistant Director of Loss Mitigation are responsible for:
- Unfortunately, some customers will default on their loan obligations. It is this job’s role to develop strategies that recover money while doing so with empathy for our customers.
- Formulating, developing and instituting business strategies in loss mitigation, recoveries, repossession, and remarketing to reduce net losses.
- Partnering with product, tech, data science, and operation teams to implement data driven strategies and decision engines.
- Bringing the strategy to life: our analysts are responsible for analyzing and developing the full life cycle of a project including implementation/execution.
- Driving large analytical initiatives to reveal step-change improvements in operational and transaction profitability of the business.
- Effectively communicate with concise insights and/or visualizations utilizing software such as Tableau while partnering collaboratively with colleagues and senior leaders in the organization.
- Leveraging emerging technologies and critical thinking skills to continually innovate and automate existing methodologies, processes, and reporting. Design, develop, test, and implement new products and solutions.
So What Kind of Folks Are We Looking for?
- Intellectual curiosity. Why? What? How? Do you find yourself always wanting to learn more and broaden your knowledge base? If so, this could be the role for you.
- Organization and time management skills in spades. You’ll be handling multiple projects and deadlines that will require you to prioritize then re-prioritize then re-prioritize again.
- Master multi-tasker. We are looking for someone that is not only good at multi-tasking but thrives in it.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. The ability to talk and write with confidence, charisma and competence for a wide variety of audiences including management.
- Killer analytical and reporting abilities. You’ll need the capability to analyze data and in return, prepare timely reports on your findings.
- A mind for the details. Okay we know "detail-oriented" is on about every job description - but we really mean it!
- Bachelor’s Degree in a quantitative field (Analytics, Finance, Economics, Engineering, Mathematics, or related field).
- 5+ years’ experience of financial or operational analysis preferred.
- 1+ years’ experience in loss mitigation, repossessions, and remarketing.
- Experience with A/B Testing, Experimental Design, and Economic/Financial Analysis.
- Advanced Excel skills.
Nice to Haves.
- Experience performing data visualization/dashboarding with tableau or similar tool.
- Experience querying and analyzing data in SQL, snowflake, and/or python.
- 1-2 years’ experience in analytics, engineering, consulting, or marketing.
Anything Else? Absolutely.
DriveTime was awarded Top Companies to Work for in AZ by AZCentral.com for our great culture and one of the Best Places to Work in IT as awarded by PBJ. Essentially we offer a creative, transparent and fun environment since, well, we work here too. DriveTime was also voted the Fastest-Growing Private Companies by Inc 5000, and we aren’t slowing down anytime soon!
And when it comes to hiring, we don't just look for the right person for the job, we seek out the right person for DriveTime. Buckle up for plenty of opportunities to grow in a professional, fun, and high-energy environment!