Assistant Director, HR Systems
- HR Support
- Business Unit
- 1720 W Rio Salado Pkwy
- Postal Code
DriveTime Needs an Assistant Director, HR Systems
Headquartered in Tempe, Arizona, DriveTime is the largest privately owned used car sales and finance company in the country (yes, we are THAT good)! With more than 130 dealerships, 3 operations centers and 15 reconditioning centers across the nation, our 4,000+ employees are focused on getting the right customer in the right car, at the right terms. With over 25 years of industry experience, and our dedication to streamlining the purchase process, we're redefining what it means to buy and finance a used car.
As focused as we are on our customer, we take that same focus on finding the right talent for the right opportunities within our organization. All across the nation, from our Home Office and operations centers to our retail locations and reconditioning centers, we are looking for talented individuals like yourself to join our ever-growing team!
That’s Nice, But What’s the Job?
In short, as the Assistant Director of HR Systems, you will be responsible for designing and implementing strategic technology initiatives across the Employee Experience organization. You will work cross-functionally to achieve business goals in implementing, scaling and enabling Workday at DriveTime. As a leader, you will connect with other leaders to shape the future of Employee Experience Technology solutions.
In long, the Assistant Director of HR Systems is responsible for:
- Manage the holistic view and strategy of DriveTime’s HR systems.
- Work closely and in alignment with other functional areas (People Operations, IT, Payroll, Recruiting, Total Rewards) to ensure new processes receive the proper consultation and implementation.
- Maintain technical knowledge, educates self on emerging solutions, and builds professional and vendor relationships.
- Develop, maintain, and be responsible for our Workday Roadmap, including new modules, release schedule, maintenance updates, and documentation.
- Identify, recommend, and implement technology solutions to address new or existing business or operational opportunities.
- Partner with People stakeholders to build creative processes and solutions that scale with a focus on operational efficiency driven from their data inputs.
So What Kind of Folks Are We Looking for?
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. The ability to talk and write with confidence, charisma and competence for a wide variety of audiences including management.
- Agile in a fast-paced environment. We move, and we move quickly. Thriving in an environment that never stops, is a must.
- Plays well with others. You will be working in a high-functioning team environment. We work together in order to win together.
- Intellectual curiosity. Why? What? How? Do you find yourself always wanting to learn more and broaden your knowledge base? If so, this could be the role for you.
- Operate autonomously. This isn’t a “hold your hand” kind of role. We give you autonomy to be creative in your space and do your thing. We need an individual that is self-motivated to get the work done and get the work done well.
- Strategic thinker. We are looking for an individual that takes an insightful, future oriented, open-minded and proactive approach to thinking.
- 3+ years of hands-on HR system configuration and maintenance experience.
- Significant functional and technical experience in Workday HCM, Advanced Compensation, Time Tracking, Absence, Talent and Performance, and Security. Payroll, Benefits, LMS experience desired.
- Experience leading HRIS/HR Operations teams, supporting diverse employee populations from a system as well as training perspective.
- Possesses strong operational and project management experience, driving exceptional results on a daily basis.
- Highly capable to work effectively in a challenging, high growth, extremely fast-moving environment while maintaining a high attention to detail and operational excellence.
- Workday implementation experience.
Anything Else? Absolutely.
DriveTime was awarded Top Companies to Work for in AZ by AZCentral.com for our great culture and one of the Best Places to Work in IT as awarded by PBJ. Essentially we offer a creative, transparent and fun environment since, well, we work here too. DriveTime was also voted the Fastest-Growing Private Companies by Inc 5000, and we aren’t slowing down anytime soon!
So What About the Perks? Perks matter.
- Medical, Dental and Vision. DriveTime pays a nice chunk of your premiums to keep the cost as low as possible for our employees.
- 16 days of PTO and 6 paid Holidays. Because who doesn’t love time off?
- Benefits like 401(k), company paid life insurance, short and long-term disability.
- Casual Dress. Come dressed in jeans (you’ll fit right in with the rest of us).
- Game Room. Gimme a break – no, not a Kit Kat ad but we do have a ping-pong table, pool table and Virtual Reality if you ever need a break in your day.
- Wellness Program and In-House Gym. We want our employees to be the best versions of themselves. That’s why we offer a Wellness Program that includes an in-house gym, B12 shots, teeth cleanings, biometric screenings and much more!
- Growth opportunities. DriveTime takes a lot of pride in promoting from within. We have spent the last 14 years growing our team members and taking them on the path to owning their careers!