Assistant Director, Employee Experience and Communications
- HR Support
- Business Unit
- 1720 W Rio Salado Pkwy
- Postal Code
DriveTime Needs an Assistant Director, Employee Experience and Communications
Headquartered in Tempe, Arizona, DriveTime is the largest privately owned used car sales and finance company in the country (yes, we are THAT good)! With more than 130 dealerships, 3 operations centers and 15 reconditioning centers across the nation, our 4,000+ employees are focused on getting the right customer in the right car, at the right terms. With over 25 years of industry experience, and our dedication to streamlining the purchase process, we're redefining what it means to buy and finance a used car.
As focused as we are on our customer, we take that same focus on finding the right talent for the right opportunities within our organization. All across the nation, from our Home Office and operations centers to our retail locations and reconditioning centers, we are looking for talented individuals like yourself to join our ever-growing team!
That’s Nice, But What’s the Job?
In short, as the Assistant Director of Employee Experience and Communications you will work closely with our Senior Managing Director of Employee Experience as a part of our leadership team to build a world-class dynamic HR team and drive process improvement. In this role you will also lead our communications strategy, planning and execution for our HR initiative with significant company impact.
In long, the Assistant Director of Employee Experience and Communications is responsible for:
- Provide a full range of HR support and leadership for our employees
- Partner with cross-functional subject matter experts to help design and execute strategies for how we hire, onboard, develop, motivate, retain and organize work.
- Support our unique performance and promotion review process and talent programs. Our goal is to reduce bias in the career advancement of our employees, so we ask that you understand, implement and continue to experiment with ways to ensure fairness for all of our employees.
- Champion and represent DriveTime’s unique culture and values. Build programs that both safeguard and advance our culture as a differentiator compared to other companies.
- Influence our diversity practices to build out a more diverse workforce through innovative thinking and practices.
- Use data to make our people processes smarter and more efficient through application of a strong knowledge of workforce analytics and metrics.
- Lead, inspire and develop your team to deliver results, share best practices internally, benchmark externally, scale and grow their skills and impact.
- Manage people processes and controls; identify gaps and inefficiencies, provide standardization and improvement recommendations which will impact the full employee lifecycle from hire to retire.
- Create innovative and engaging HR communications campaigns across multiple channels, including email, video, newsletters, digital signage, and Yammer
- Partner with Total Rewards, Talent Support & Acquisition, HR Technology and HR Business Partners to support annual processes and special initiatives
- Consistently apply the voice of HR through easy-to-understand, friendly messaging
- Create and managed a communications calendar
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5+ years of HR or relevant business partner experience.
- Demonstrated personal involvement in developing internal communications strategies
- Demonstrated ability to listen, accept feedback and respond to requests from leaders, employees, People Operations colleagues and team members.
- Demonstrated examples of partnership and influence with leaders, employees and peers.
Anything Else? Absolutely.
DriveTime was awarded Top Companies to Work for in AZ by AZCentral.com for our great culture and one of the Best Places to Work in IT as awarded by PBJ. Essentially we offer a creative, transparent and fun environment since, well, we work here too. DriveTime was also voted the Fastest-Growing Private Companies by Inc 5000, and we aren’t slowing down anytime soon!
So What About the Perks? Perks matter.
- Medical, Dental and Vision. DriveTime pays a nice chunk of your premiums to keep the cost as low as possible for our employees.
- 16 days of PTO and 6 paid Holidays. Because who doesn’t love time off?
- Benefits like 401(k), company paid life insurance, short and long-term disability.
- Casual Dress. Come dressed in jeans (you’ll fit right in with the rest of us).
- Game Room. Gimme a break – no, not a Kit Kat ad but we do have a ping-pong table, pool table and Virtual Reality if you ever need a break in your day.
- Wellness Program and In-House Gym. We want our employees to be the best versions of themselves. That’s why we offer a Wellness Program that includes an in-house gym, B12 shots, teeth cleanings, biometric screenings and much more!
- Growth opportunities. DriveTime takes a lot of pride in promoting from within. We have spent the last 14 years growing our team members and taking them on the path to owning their careers!