Application Development Team Lead
- Information Technology
- Business Unit
- 1720 W Rio Salado Pkwy
- Postal Code
DriveTime Needs a Software Engineering Team Lead
Headquartered in Tempe, Arizona, DriveTime is the largest privately owned used car sales and finance company in the country (yes, we are THAT good)! With more than 130 dealerships, 3 operations centers and 15 reconditioning centers across the nation, our 4,000+ employees are focused on getting the right customer in the right car, at the right terms. With over 25 years of industry experience, and our dedication to streamlining the purchase process, we're redefining what it means to buy and finance a used car.
As focused as we are on our customer, we take that same focus on finding the right talent for the right opportunities within our organization. Across the nation, from our home office and operations centers to our retail locations and reconditioning centers, we are looking for talented individuals like yourself to join our ever-growing team!
That’s Nice, But What’s the Job?
In short, our Software Engineering Team Lead's are responsible to:
- Lead a team of software engineers to build applications that help redefine how we do business -- and keep us ahead of our competitors.
- Collaborate with other engineers to work on key features across DriveTime.
- Mentor incredibly smart, friendly, and passionate team.
In long, as a Software Engineering Team Lead you will drive several exciting initiatives, help solve problems, no matter how big or small, work on business-critical projects built around cutting-edge technologies, and convey strategy and accuracy to our top level decision makers.
What we would like to see in your Tech Stack:
- API Development (RESTful, GraphQL, .Net Web API)
- Front-End Experience (Modern Angular, React, or Vue)
So What Kind of Folks Are We Looking for?
- 5+ years of professional development experience and have lead teams informally or formally on large project and preferably has had direct reports at some point in the past.
- Ability to establish cross-functional, collaborative relationships with business and technology partners
- Full-Stack software development experience preferred with an emphasis on Front End architecting and building robust distributed systems that scale well
- Expertise in client-side SPA development
- Experience in developing unit tests
- Strong problem solving skills
- Communicates clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Passionate about continuous learning
Anything Else? Absolutely.
DriveTime was awarded Top Companies to Work for in AZ by AZCentral.com for our great culture and one of the Best Places to Work in IT as awarded by PBJ. Essentially we offer a creative, transparent and fun environment since, well, we work here too. DriveTime was also voted the Fastest-Growing Private Companies by Inc 5000, and we aren’t slowing down anytime soon!
So What About the Perks? Perks matter.
- Medical, Dental and Vision. DriveTime pays a nice chunk of your premiums to keep the cost as low as possible for our employees.
- Ample days of PTO and 6 paid Holidays. Because who doesn’t love time off?
- Benefits like 401(k), company paid life insurance, short and long-term disability.
- Casual Dress. Come dressed in jeans (you’ll fit right in with the rest of us).
- Game Room. Gimme a break – no, not a Kit Kat ad but we do have a ping-pong table, pool table and Virtual Reality if you ever need a break in your day.
- Wellness Program and In-House Gym. We want our employees to be the best versions of themselves. That’s why we offer a Wellness Program that includes an in-house gym, B12 shots, teeth cleanings, biometric screenings and much more!
- Growth opportunities. DriveTime takes a lot of pride in promoting from within. We have spent the last 14 years growing our team members and taking them on the path to owning their careers!