Accounts Receivable Supervisor
- Business Unit
- 1720 W Rio Salado Pkwy
- Postal Code
DriveTime Needs an Accounts Receivable Supervisor
Headquartered in Tempe, Arizona, DriveTime is the largest privately owned used car sales and finance company in the country (yes, we are THAT good)! With more than 130 dealerships, 3 operations centers and 15 reconditioning centers across the nation, our 4,000+ employees are focused on getting the right customer in the right car, at the right terms. With over 25 years of industry experience, and our dedication to streamlining the purchase process, we're redefining what it means to buy and finance a used car.
As focused as we are on our customer, we take that same focus on finding the right talent for the right opportunities within our organization. All across the nation, from our Home Office and operations centers to our retail locations and reconditioning centers, we are looking for talented individuals like yourself to join our ever-growing team!
That’s Nice, But What’s the Job?
In short, as the Accounts Receivable Supervisor you will help lead a team of AR Representatives and ensure timely and accurate post of cash receipts and credits, review deposits and entries for accuracy and monitoring the day-to-day workflow.
In long, the Accounts Receivable Supervisor is responsible for:
- Ensuring the team posts all cash receipts and credits properly and timely to customer accounts through the following processes:
- Electronic payment rejects from 7 different payment processors
- Physical checks from trustees, auctions, insurance, etc.
- Electronic fund transfers with emailed remittances
- Credit and adjustment requests received through email and ticketing system
- Reviewing the deposit and journal entry of non-customer AR deposits
- Responsible for certain aspects of the month-end close process specific to the posting of all payments
- Responsible for monitoring and adjusting workflow for day to day operations
- Making recommendations for system, process, policy and procedure changes. Follows through with recommendations to implementation
- Leading and participating in various special projects, including collaboration with IT and other internal departments
- Lead, manage and develop employees
- Perform monthly QA’s (Quality Assurance) to comply with audit controls and ensure process accuracy
- Team admin support, including but not limited to, approving payroll, managing training/PTO schedules, completing metrics, conducting reviews, etc.
So What Kind of Folks Are We Looking for?
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. The ability to talk and write with confidence, charisma and competence for a wide variety of audiences including management.
- A mind for the details. Okay we know “detail-oriented” is on about every job description – but we really mean it!
- Agile in a fast-paced environment. We move, and we move quickly. Thriving in an environment that never stops, is a must.
- Plays well with others. You will be working in a high-functioning team environment. We work together in order to win together.
- Intellectual curiosity. Why? What? How? Do you find yourself always wanting to learn more and broaden your knowledge base? If so, this could be the role for you.
- Organization and time management skills in spades. You’ll be handling multiple projects and deadlines that will require you to prioritize then re-prioritize… then… re-prioritize again.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferred in Accounting or Finance or 4+ years’ experience in AR in lieu of degree specialization
- 2 + years of recent supervisory experience
- Analytical with demonstrated project management skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Reporting software; SQL
Anything Else? Absolutely.
DriveTime was awarded Top Companies to Work for in AZ by AZCentral.com for our great culture and one of the Best Places to Work in IT as awarded by PBJ. Essentially we offer a creative, transparent and fun environment since, well, we work here too. DriveTime was also voted the Fastest-Growing Private Companies by Inc 5000, and we aren’t slowing down anytime soon!
So What About the Perks? Perks matter.
- Medical, Dental and Vision. DriveTime pays a nice chunk of your premiums to keep the cost as low as possible for our employees.
- 16 days of PTO and 6 paid Holidays. Because who doesn’t love time off?
- Benefits like 401(k), company paid life insurance, short and long-term disability.
- Casual Dress. Come dressed in jeans (you’ll fit right in with the rest of us).
- Game Room. Gimme a break – no, not a Kit Kat ad but we do have a ping-pong table, pool table and Virtual Reality if you ever need a break in your day.
- Wellness Program and In-House Gym. We want our employees to be the best versions of themselves. That’s why we offer a Wellness Program that includes an in-house gym, B12 shots, teeth cleanings, biometric screenings and much more!
- Growth opportunities. DriveTime takes a lot of pride in promoting from within. We have spent the last 14 years growing our team members and taking them on the path to owning their careers!