Accounting Operations Internship
- Business Unit
- 1720 W Rio Salado Pkwy
- Postal Code
DriveTime is accepting applications for our 2020 Summer Internship Program!
Buckle up, you’re in for the ride of your career!
DriveTime is the nation’s second largest used-auto dealer and finance company, focused on helping people find and finance vehicles across the nation (trust us, it’s more exciting than it sounds). We have single-handedly rebuilt, retooled, redreamed and reconfigured the way people think about driving cars, breaking apart from the industry’s status quo. For more than 17 years, DriveTime has changed the auto world from the ground up while emphasizing values, morals and growth from the inside-out!
DriveTime’s goal is to take every customer on the full path to ownership. All the way from purchasing vehicles, inspecting and selling; to financing, servicing and warranties – when it comes to owning a vehicle - we know what’s up! As motivated as we are to take our customer on the path to ownership, we are just as focused on taking our employees on the path to owning their careers. All across the nation – from our home office and call centers to our 138 retail locations and 20 inspection centers – we are looking for talented individuals like yourself to join our ever-growing team! Now is your chance to be a part of the coveted 2020 DriveTime Summer Internship Program in Tempe, AZ.
Alright I’m hooked. So What’s the Job?
Our Accounting Operations internship is designed to provide you the necessary hands on skills for an easier transition into the world of Operational Accounting. The Accounting Operations group consists of different Accounting groups - Accounts Payable, Cash Balancing, Payroll, Procurement, and more! You will gain a well-rounded view of how all of the Accounting Operations teams work with each other and Accounting. In addition, you will get experience at a $4 billion (and growing) company under the DriveTime brand that will provide you with the ability to apply all of your current skill sets (and even learn a couple new ones) across a variety of business segments.
Along with gaining hands-on industry experience in your field, you will:
- Participate in a volunteer project with the local community
- Gain a deeper understanding of our business model and where you fit in via local site tours and various department overviews
- Attend Friday workshops facilitated by our Executive Leadership team covering topics such as: time management, compliance, personal branding, leadership & more!
- Our internship program will be 10 weeks starting Monday, June 1st to Friday, August 14th
- Internships will be based out of our Home Office in Tempe, AZ
- You can expect a regular schedule Monday-Friday, 25-30 per week
What do you need?
- You are currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree
- You are currently in your Junior and Senior year
- You are concentrating with the major(s) of Accounting, Finance, Business, Business Administration, or other related fields
- You’re studying and working hard and have a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher
So What About the Perks? Perks matter.
- Casual Dress. Come dressed in jeans (you’ll fit right in with the rest of us).
- Game Room. Gimme a break – no, not a Kit Kat ad but we do have a ping-pong table, pool table and Virtual Reality if you ever need a break in your day.
- In-House Gym. We want our people to be the best versions of themselves. That’s why we offer an In-house gym for you to use anytime!
- Growth opportunities. DriveTime takes a lot of pride in promoting from within. We have spent the last 14 years growing our team members and taking them on the path to owning their careers! Our goal is have a career waiting for you after your summer internship with DriveTime! Last year, 64% of our Interns stayed onboard after the program after the summer!
Hiring is contingent upon successful completion of our background and drug screening process. DriveTime is a drug-free, tobacco-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.